bar 24

•Postlude [後奏曲]•

"this is the future we brought"

Haruna's POV

"Hurry up, slow poke. You're gonna get us both killed!"

I gestured to my older brother, who was still wearing his shoe as he struggled to chew his food.

"God dammit Haruna, I'm trying my best."

I rolled my eyes as I opened the door.

Breathing in the air, I smiled to myself. Today is going to be a good day. "Hurry up!" I yelled at him from outside.

"What's all the ruckus?" A voice came from the outside.

Mother was going to giving us a ride to school today. Maybe she secretly knew that Shota and I were going to be late.

"Mom! Could you tell Shota to hurry up?"

She chuckled and stepped out of the car.

She never ceases to amaze me. As old as she was now, her beauty remains. I don't blame her though. She was a famous singer after all. Known for her great piano skills, her alluring violin music and not to mention her sweet voice, she became a world renowned popstar when she just entered university.

This is the Yamasaki Chiharu that everyone loved back then. And she is who I want to surpass next time.

Mother never forced us to learn a musical instrument like she was last time. But we still willingly picked it up. Shota wanted to learn the guitar, while I wanted to follow my mother's footsteps.

"Are you ready yet, Shota?" She yelled from where she was standing. "You aren't going to get your lunch if you are going to dilly dally!"

I laughed. One thing is for sure, both mother and Shota loved food. They were that similar.

Shota brushed his light brown hair back and sighed.

"I'll end you if you take my food away!"

"Try me!" Mother challenged.

Shota got up from his spot and ran towards the car, his blue eyes staring at me after reaching it.

"Who's the slow poke now?"

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes.

I walked towards the car and sat in the seat.

While on the way to school, I sighed so many times, it was impossible to count.

"What's wrong?" Mother asked.

"Nothing... I just don't know if I'll make any friends," I sighed to myself.

"That's because you don't have friends, Haruna."

"Shut up, Shota. It's not like you have any now."