bar 2

Stronger than she thinks [彼女が考えるよりも強い]

“strength, not from numbers.”

It happened three years ago, when I was only 12 years of age

"CHIHARU! HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL YOU? FOLLOW THE TEMPO. REMEMBER THE KEYS. DON'T MISS ANY NOTES. AND NO MISTAKES! ALL MUST BE ACCORDING TO THE SCORES," My father yelled at me as he threw the scores onto me, causing me to receive a cut as a mini souvenir.

"I-I'm sorry papa... Please don't hurt me... I'll try harder..."

"YOU'D BETTER BE!"

At that time, I was a three time national champion for violin and a five time champion for international piano competitions. I am not that well known, but my parents expected me to be the best of the best.

But everything that came was very unexpected of my parents. Sure many of you may be thinking: You should tell the police. It's child abuse!

No. It isn't to me. Because I had a feeling that I was going to lose them.

On the day of my piano competition, My parents committed suicide in front of me. All I saw was blood. Everywhere.

It happened after I saw my name as the champion. My parents were happy, but all that ended when saw what I had never expected of my parents to do.

My father was a drunkard at that point of time and owed countless of people money. Mother was always busy and never spends time with me other than teaching me how to play the violin since the age of three.

The moment I stepped home, I see my mother, eye bags under her bright blue eyes, showing the health condition she were in. Father had told me to stay in my room, but I was curious so I peeked out the window.

I wish I had not done so.

"Ryuu, I'm sorry... but I don't have much time left. I don't want to be under the care of the hospital, and I don't want to be a burden to you. So... Will it be okay, if I just die here. Will that be okay?"

"Sakura..."

"I'm sorry, Ryuu. Help me say the same to Chiharu... Okay? Tell her I'm sorry for everything..."

My father watched as my mother stepped up onto the railing of the balcony and sat down, the both of them shared their last kiss, and mother pushed herself off. She fell endlessly, before her body contacted the ground after falling down 9 stories. Dead.

From my room, I yelled out, "MAMA!" before I scampered to the living

Dad couldn't take it any longer and started to break. He took a kitchen knife, stabbed himself multiple times while screaming. I tried my best to stop him, but he swung the hand that held the bloody knife at me. I was lucky to have jumped back in time so that it didn't hurt my fingers, but it got my forehead.