bar 21

•Wings [翼]•

"you fly because you are free"

Hikaru's POV

Hikaru's POV

"Happy birthday, Yamasaki-san!" The emcee exclaimed into the microphone and a loud bang could be heard.

Confetti started floating down, some landing on top of her head as she pulled away from me, looking around as the crowd cheered and clapped for her.

"You guys remembered..."

Ayumi chuckled as she walked up onto the stage.

"Do you like your present?"

She smiled, tears forming in her eyes as she rubbed her eyes, trying to rid the tears.

"Like it? I love it."

She looked towards me, a smile on her face.

God, if only I knew what she was thinking. That foolishly adorable smile of hers was definitely a weak point of mine. I would do anything to make her happy.

Again, she wrapped her arms around me, burying her face into my costume.

"Tell me this is not a dream."

"It isn't," I said, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. "I'm glad I finally got to see you."

She whimpers a little.

"You aren't mad?"

"About what?"

"That I got you into an accident?"

"Since when was it your fault?" I chuckled. This girl muat have been too worried.

"But it is! If I hadn't-"

"I chose to jump in front of that car. It was my decision, not yours."

She heaved a sigh and looked up.

"Don't you ever do that again."

"No promises!" I stuck a tongue out at her. She wrinkled her eyebrows and pouted.

We stared at each other for a while before bursting into laughter.

"Idiot pineapple."

I'll never forget that look on her face.

Chiharu's POV

Everything else seemed brighter now. The sunlight shining onto the stage, the cheering crowd. Everything seemed surreal, as if I just stepped into a dream. Hikaru stood with a smile on his face, while I fought back my tears of joy.

You would have never known how much this had meant to me. God, I swear if it weren't for my last bit of strength, I would have collapsed to the ground without doubt.