bar 8

Untold feelings [莫大な感情]

“inner conflicts happen very often.”

Hikaru's POV

Hikaru's POV

My eyes widened, caught off guard by her remark. She looked away as she tries to push me away from her, which became successful. I regain my balance and stared at her now flushed red face. She covered her face with her forearm, trying to shield any gaze that was looking in our direction.

I giggled, followed by a sudden laugh. I could not control myself. She really is interesting.

"Wh-What?!"

"Nothing. I actually backed you up into a corner."

She furrowed her eyebrows and shot me a death glare.

"IDIOT PINEAPPLE!"

She smacks my arm as hard as she could and stormed out of the school after changing her shoes while letting off steam.

Whoops, I made her mad.

I scratched the back of my head, sighing nervously as I grabbed my shoes and placed the school shoes back in the shoe locker.

As I was about to leave the school, I felt someone's presence behind me. I swiftly turned around, and immediately, my eyes met with a pair of emerald green eyes. I recognised the familiar raven hair, and not missing out, those pair of outstanding green eyes.

"What's your relationship with Chiharu?" He questions.

I raised an eyebrow and tilted my head a little.

"Huh?"

"Who are you to Chiharu?" He asked, this time, his tone was more serious.

"A friend... I guess?"

"Heh... Really?"

I nodded. He removes his shoes and swapped it with his outing shoes.

"Well, that means I have no competition, right?" He says, before turning back and giving me a smirk. Something within me stirred. I was not comfortable with his presence and I was definitely perturbed by his remark.

"As if I'll let you," I replied, before finding myself throwing at him a competitive death glare. He smirks at me as if he was prepared for that reply.

"Heh... Good luck then," He replied before walking away.

I stared him down as if he was a big threat to me. Something about him was irritating me. I shrugged and wore my shoes and sauntered back home.

As I walked home, I somehow felt very unmotivated to go home. After all, my parents were coming home from their business trip.

Before I realised it, I was already in front of my house gate. Yes, a gate. I stared at the three-level house in front of me. I stepped in and the gate locked automatically as soon as it closed. I opened the main door, and immediately, I sighed and took off my shoes. I placed the shoes aside and entered my house.