09 - Radiant

...

"You will do great my little star. You will do great and grow up to be the biggest and the brightest star"

...

So now, they are in their waiting room for one of the music broadcast show, waiting for the PD to call them to perform their latest song, DNA. During that time, everyone already done with their make up, hair and clothes so they are just sitting there on the couch, talking while scrolling through their phone. At that time, Hoseok is sharing one of his real life funny story to the members and it is right at the peak story when Jin's phone is ringing which makes the others look at him.

Without much, Jin apologize to the members while reading the caller. It is his mother. His mother never call him during his schedule though, so Jin stands up and walk further away to the corner of the waiting room before answering the call.

"Seokjin-ah"

Did his mother cry? Why is she crying? What happened to her?

"Mother? Are you crying? Why are you crying? What happened?" Jin says.

And his mother didn't reply, Jin can hear her soft cry through the phone call.

"Please say something to me" Jin says again when he got not reply from her.

She didn't reply right after that, it took her a moment before she can gather herself to say something to her son.

"She is gone"

A silent, Jin is speechless, he didn't understand anything.

"No, I just talked to her yesterday, she said she was fine. Please don't joke, mother" Jin replies.

"She is gone, Jin"

Jin laughs at that. There is no way she is gone. She is perfectly fine. She is healthy, she sounds so bright when he talked to her yesterday. His grandmother just made him promised that he will meet her later, in about 3 days from now since they got a one day break. He just promised her yesterday. Yesterday. Time passed and Jin's laugh turns colder and colder. Then, he stops laughing and being silent. Soft sniffles and heavy breathes.

"I talked to h-her"

"..."

"I just talked to her"

"A-and she said she was fine. We spent hours talking about everything"

"..."

"Honey, please come back home. It's the last time we can see her"

"Seokjin-ah"

"Jin honey, do you hear me?"

It took him awhile to reply to his mother.

"Yes, mother I will be there as soon as possible. Please wait for me" Jin replies.

"Take your time, we will be here"

And she cuts the phone call. Although the phone call is already being cut for a moment, Jin remains freeze in his spot, looking down at the floor with his phone still near to his ear. Tears? Hardly come out and he didn't even know why. It is too unbelievable to believe. He just talked to her yesterday.

As someone shouts for them to get ready for the performance, Jin's legs turn weak. Not that he hurt his legs but all this things happened is just too much for him. When the staff is passing the mic to each one of them, Jin heartlessly take it. Five minutes. He just need to hold on for five minutes. He can do that.