|08|

Tessa could hear the grunts of effort and the slams of bodies hitting the floor while she heaved for breath on the building. After a few minutes she stood up shakily, her legs feeling like jello. Her hair unraveled from their braids and swung in front of her, and she brushed the ebony locks to the side while stumbling forward to look at the fight. She practically fell into the wall but grabbed it as if it was her lifeline and took a moment to breathe, her lungs were increasing with each breath.

After a moment of recovering she looked down to see Tony sending fire blasts down at Thanos from the sky, him attempting to light up the stones to deflect them. To say the least, he was succeeding with flying colors.

The girl forced her hand to glow ruby, and once she steadied it she slowly lifted up stray rocks, trying to find the heaviest. She smirked upon finding two that she could barely lift, and looked back at the fight.

It was now Thanos against Quill and Strange. The wizard had a shield up as guard and was taking blows from the Titan as Quill fired away at his gun. Thanos swung at Strange and broke his shield, but he then created a flaming rope, sending it his way. It wrapped around his arm and he yelled out painfully as Quill ran over, but Thanos retracted his arm and hit him, causing him to soar across the field. He began to now tug at the restraints, dragging Strange closer and closer.

Then a gigantic rock the size of a two story house was flying into him, making him fall to the side. Strange scooted back, perplexed, and looked up at the sky.

Tessa was soaring down from the building, another humongous rock following her slowly. Thanos began to form the rocks into something else with the power stone, but she let the second one loose, aimed directly for him. It hit him without warning, making dust fly up and obscure her vision. She landed on the floor and went over to Strange, who was staring at the rocks.

"How the hell. . .?" He breathed, and she smirked up at him as Thanos began to fight his way out of the mess. "I have a few tricks up my sleeve." She said and turned to see him officially out with a limp, dust covering him. She turned her body and slowly began to walk toward him.

"It's time for some mind games."

She outstretched her hand and slowly twisted her wrist, her eyes lighting up scarlet. He suddenly stopped walking and stood straight and tall, her eyes never leaving his.

"What's your worst nightmare?" She mumbled to him while slowing to a stop, tilting her head slightly at the question. She sunk within his mind, tearing down the walls that divided the years of his memories. Everyone stopped and stared as his eyes began to glow as well, her now deep within his walls.

Tessa blinked. She was high up on a cliff, the wind tugging at her hair. She looked around to see the dark surroundings of broken cement with engravings beneath her, a completely red guy floating a few feet away. There was a green girl with black locks and pink highlights, and Thanos standing before her. She looked up at him while backing away from the edge of the cliff, shaking her head.

It was Gamora, no doubt.

"No, this isn't love." She said frantically as he grabbed her wrist and began to drag her. She cried out while digging her heels into the cement and whacking away at his arm, but to no avail. Her cries turned into shrieks as she used all of her power to kick him away. She punched his arm viciously and kicked the back of his knee, but his will was stronger than anything she had ever seen before.

"Oh, god." Tessa breathed as Thanos hurled the girl off the cliff without a second thought, a screech rattling her ears and making her bones vibrate from chills. She tried to reach up to grab his other hand but he pulled it back, and she was free falling down the cliff, hair wafting up, encircling her.