|02|

Proxima Midnight was certainly a piece of work, that was for sure. She had a spear that made her have protection easily and to fire instantly. Tessa hurled a sphere at her, which absorbed into her spear, and she threw it back. She ducked as it went over her head and crashed into the barrier around Strange, making it shimmer and begin to flicker.

"Shit." She mumbled, standing back up and creating a circular shield in front of herself as the spear fired once more. It rattled her but she stayed put, pushing the shield out and toward her. It hit her and knocked her down, and Maw came over, his hand outstretched.

"No!" She yelled as he picked her up with his telekinesis, a smirk forming on his face. He was choking her out, she sputtered for oxygen that she couldn't collect. Strange ran to the edge of the barrier and banged on the glimmering wall to try and break it, but to no avail, "Don't you kill her!" He yelled, creating spheres of orange and hurling them at the barrier.

Suddenly, Tessa's eyes began to glow scarlet as her anger rose, her teeth gritting together as her body began to be outlined. Strange watched in amazement as waves of energy started to flow away from her like the ocean, and she was dropped, landing on the cement. The energy flourished out in all directions the second her body collapsed, and instantly took out Maw and Proxima, who both were thrown a mile away, whacking the floor harshly and hissing in pain.

Tessa whimpered as the jagged cut on her side ripped back open from the plane crash, and she cried out while collapsing back to the cement. She gritted her teeth and sat up this time, and Strange watched as she fired a beam at the wound, closing it temporarily back up and sterilizing it. She got onto her knees with a painful puff of air, then stood up while flicking her wrist up, letting the barrier go.

The two went towards one another, and she leaned heavily onto him while growling, "We have to get you out of here, now!"

"You can barely walk, kid! Go sit and wait for your dad to come back for you, I can protect myself!" He said, but she was surprised to hear concern in his voice, not a snarky ring to it. She shook her head, "My dad said to protect you."

With that, she began to drag him down the street while ripping her earpiece of out her pocket and shoving it in her ear, tapping it to work, "Dad, where are you?" Static on the line, then she heard, "Hulk, where the hell are ya? Come out already, we need you!"

"Bruce! Where are you?" She asked while turning down a street, Strange following her nervously, "Central Park!"

"He's at Central Park." She said to the wizard, "We gotta steer you clear from there."

"We should be helping them." He argued, and she responded, "It's my job to protect you. Now come on, I have an idea." She ushered him down an alley, looking up and flying him up to the roof. He was surprised and kicked, landing on the roof roughly. She rolled down beside him and got up with a wince, beginning to walk to the next roof, "What the hell is that?"

Strange looked up to see the floating donut, and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Looks like a ship, it's probably how those alien things got here."

"Why are they after the stones?" She asked, needing to stop and take a breather, applying pressure to her side. "Centuries ago, a blacksmith created something called a gauntlet against his will, and is now stuck there forever. If you collect all six stones and snap with them, then half of the universe will disappear into nothing."

"But why would someone want to do that? What's the point?"

"For centuries, countless planets have been overpopulated and numerous beings have died due to it. They'd want to snap to not have that problem happen to their planet. Thanos is his name. He's after the stones, and using his wards to try and collect them all. His planet went extinct due to overpopulation."