Chapter Seven

"I can't believe it", Jessie smiles out, holding her stomach, our little baby has finally started kicking, and she keeps squealing out in joy; it's been eight weeks since she woke up from the coma, and all I can do is stare at her in awe. We have had a few big fights, but nothing the mate pull couldn't fix; she has been so hormonal that whenever I say anything, she takes it out of wack.

"me neither, but want to know what I think?" I question, wrapping my arms around her waist so that my hands rest on hers; looking in the mirror at her eyes, I get lost for words; Jessie is so beautiful and strong-minded. I am thankful to my first mate for allowing me to be happy after her death; I don't know what the future brings or the big bad she talked about, but I know I can take it on with Jessie by my side.

"And what's that" she smirks; I lean in close to her ear and kiss her mark softly; I feel the shiver run down her spine, and I smirk back, leaning close to her ear and whispering

"that we are going shopping" I jump away as fast as I can, already knowing what is about to happen. I watch as Jessie jumps up and down, screaming in joy at the top of her lungs

"what are you waiting for? Let's go", she screams, grabbing my arm and dragging me out of the bedroom

"guess I can't bring my phone", I mutter to myself before following Jessie outside and to the car of her choice.

"When I meant shopping, I didn't mean the mall", I cry out as I see the store she parked in front of

"Don't be a baby. It's going to be fun; they have a 60% off sale at my favourite store", Jessie smiles, jumping out of the car and making me roll my eyes; I should have just told her to go with her friends to go shopping, but that would mean she would have to wait until they got back from school, something she would never do.

I still remember when she was fourteen, and I told her that after school, she could go out shopping with her friends; I got a call in the middle of the day saying all of them didn't check in after lunch; when she got home, that night she admitted to ditching school to go shopping, I was always lenient but I never in a thousand years would let her get away with putting shopping over school, so she was grounded for two weeks.

"this way", she growls, grabbing my hand and dragging me into a random store, I notice the stares coming from people, but I shrug it off, knowing they are human; humans always have had a staring problem. I thank god it isn't because it looks like I am a pedo. I found my first mate at twenty-two, meaning I am thirty-two now. Still, because I am a werewolf, I look around twenty; I never understood the age changes in werewolves, but then again, I never paid any attention to any of it; everything other than fighting I didn't care about, I was a stupid fifteen-year-old boy getting ready to find his mate I wasn't interested in becoming alpha any time soon.

"I think that is enough shopping; we have your ultrasound in a few days; you and the girls can come shopping again then when you know the gender and buy whatever you want, but my feet are killing me", I whine like a five-year-old Jessie, smile at me before nodding her head

"back home we go after coffee", she smiles, dragging me to a coffee shop. I am not leaving this mall alive; why was I so dumb to allow her to go shopping with me