Chapter Two

I walk downstairs and outside to my mate's grave just like I do every other week. I never did find her killer. I sit down in front of her gravestone and start crying

"Baby, I failed you, I never found your killer, and now the moon goddess has mated me with Jessie; you remember her, right? I know I talked about her in the past; I'm her second chance mate. I can't help but feel guilty, I know it has been ten years, but I should be kissing you, not her; my wolf keeps pining for her, this morning when he realised he was no longer on you but on her and now he just wants to mate her, I feel more protective over here, but I feel so bad because it should be you not her. Can you ever forgive me? I know it's not my fault this happened, but if I had never brought her into the pack, it might never have happened; tell me what to do, please," I whimper out before I feel myself falling asleep.

"Oh, my poor mate, of course, I can forgive you. I worked with the moon goddess to pick you a second chance, mate; you need to accept her as your mate, mark her and mate with her. It's destined to be. Once you mate, you both will become the strongest wolves in the world and will be able to stop the big bad that is coming. I was meant to die, I was never meant to meet you, I arranged my own execution, and I am so sorry that you had to find me as it was carried out, don't find my killer, please. Be with her. That is my wish, and never feel bad" she smiles at me, touching my arm, the weak shocks startling me.

"the mate shocks are fading, as you can tell because you found her" she smiles kindly at me

"I will watch over you forever, even her and your future kids" she smiles before fading into darkness

I woke up and look around, I saw my mate for the first time since we buried her, but she was alive, happy. I close my eyes, trying to slow my breathing.

"alpha, we're home", I hear Jamie yell, giggling like a little girl; I get up and walk into the living room of the pack house to see Jamie wrapped in Tony's arm.

"How are you, kiddo," I ask Tony. He smiles

"like I'm ready to take over my father's position as beta" he smiles at me

"we will see about that" I smile, looking over at Jessie, who has twenty bags in front of her feet

"how much did you spend?" I question, eyeing the bags, a lot of which hold makeup and clothes; it is not like she needs any of them. She already has a lot.

"eh", she giggles out, making me realise she has spent over her limit

"she spent two thousand three hundred dollars, alpha", her best friend Amber giggles before she runs off to join Tony and Jamie

"sorry" she looks down at the ground, and I rush over, grabbing her chin with my finger. The sparks getting stronger by the minute I hear her intake of breath, and I smile

"I think we need to work out a plan tonight; I need you", she sighs out, pushing herself into me, pretending its a hug, but I know full well it's because her wolf needs my touch

"you will have to make it up to me with your spending", I sigh out she just nods

"We have dinner with the beta family in a few hours; want to go discuss it while you unpack?" I question. She nods happily, grabbing all her bags; I never know how she can carry them all. She runs up the stairs taking them two at a time until she reaches her room. The packed house is three stories tall with over a hundred bedrooms; the first story is like a typical house, the second floor has seventy bedrooms, fifty of which are for guests, and the 3rd floor is mine. The betas family rooms, our living room, and the head worry rooms along with mine and the betas office. The rest of the pack live in their own houses.