Chapter 19

Xon wiped the sweat from his face as he went to the front of the shop when he heard someone enter. A woman with snow white hair, and angelic festures came into the shop. "How can I help you," Xon asked her. Her round ocean colored eyes ran over him, "I've never seen you here before. Are you new in town?" "Somewhat," He told her. She seemed to admire him in a much different way than Alinia did. As if, she truly saw him. She smiled and stuck out her hand, "I'm Kyra." Xon gave her a lopsided smile, "I'm Xon." Then he shook her hand, and he wished he hadn't when he felt the mating bond click into place. Her eyes lit up in joy and he snatched his hand away.

"I need to get back to work," He said coldly. "Wait, why aren't you happy?" Kyra asked completely confused. "Because I'm in love with someone else," He told her. She straightened, a flash of coldness in her eyes, "But that's not fair. You hadn't met your mate yet you fell in love anyway?" He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "It just happened okay." "Do you honestly think it's going to work out with her if you're not just meeting me? The gods work in mysterious ways Xon. If you change your mind and want to court me, my house is on the curve of the river." She then left the shop while Xon was left with many questions in his head.

When Xon got back to the palace, he felt conflicted on what to do, but he knew he had to tell Alinia. He found Alinia in the garden with a book. She smiled when she looked up, but then he smiled dropped when she saw the dark look on his face. He sat on the bench next to her, "I met my mate today." His voice was broken and hollow. She looked down at the book in her lap, "I always knew there was a chance for that to happen." Tears sprang to her eyes, "I'm gonna make this easy for you Xon because I love you. Go and be with her." She then stood and he caught her arm. "That's it?" Xon asked her confused. "She's your mate Xon. You deserve the chance to know whether or not she is good for you, or if she is vile. Plus if it was meant to happen for us, the gods wouldn't have sent her your way now." Alinia gave him a smile as tears trailed down her face, "I'm happy for you Xon. You really do deserve this."

And then she turned into a pixie and flew away. Gavin then took the spot she had left, having seen and heard it all. "You did the right thing in telling her," He told him. "I know," Xon said with a sad sigh. "What do I do now?" "You court your mate," Gavin told him. "But what about Alinia," Xon asked him. "Lady Alinia is a strong and capable woman. If she wasn't she would've argued and fought. Instead, she accepted what she already knew what would have been a possibility. She will find someone who can be with her, and make her happy. Don't let guilt eat you. You taught her to trust and to try once more. You'll always be an important part of her, and you will always love each other, but that love will morph into something more precious." He then patted Xon on the shoulder, "I wish you, luck brother."

Alinia flew until she was too blinded by tears and ran into a hard chest. Bryce quickly caught her, "Lady Alinia, are you okay?" She sniffled and shook her head, "No. Xon met his mate today." Bryce carried her back to the room he was sharing with Milo. Milo raised an eyebrow at the pair when they came in. "Xon met his mate today," Bryce told him. Milo nodded in understanding. "Alinia, we can't comfort you if you don't go back to normal size," Milo told her. She leaped into the air and changed forms. They pulled her in for a hug and she began crying all over again.

She cried until she fell asleep where they tucked her in their bed. They left the room to let her sleep peacefully. They found the others sitting in the dining hall alone at a table. "Have you seen Alinia," Gavin asked them. "She cried until she fell asleep in our room. Where is Xon?" Milo asked him. "Went to go talk to his mate," Gavin replied.

"So what do we do now," Feylun asked them. "Damage control. As well as keeping an eye on Alinia. Don't let her try to seclude herself again. Next thing we know, she'll be in a mountain for two centuries," Theo replied dryly. Kenomi rolled his eyes, "We would never let that happen."

"We just have to be there for them. Who knows what Xon is feeling. The man has never been good with sorting out his feelings." Bryce said while scratching the back of his head. Dracin chuckled, "For his sake, he better do it quickly or he will have it come and bite him in the ass." They all chuckled at that before moving on to other topics.

Alinia woke up to Queen Aqua sitting beside her reading a book. "So I was thinking we summon the God or Goddess responsible for mating Xon to that woman, and give them a good thrashing, " Queen Aqua said with a smile. Alinia began to laugh softly. She sat up as Queen Aqua put her bookmark in place. "I take it Milo or Bryce told you, " Alinia asked her. Queen Aqua shook her head, "Nope. Xon came to me, informing me of what happened, asking to put you or him in a separate room. I saw a half-drunken Milo sitting in the hall who told me he and Bryce can't go to bed cause you were sleeping in their bed."

Alinia felt a little guilty. She hadn't meant to fall asleep. She and the Queen got up and left the room. Bryce was now on the floor next to him a bottle in his hand. "When did you two get together anyways, " Alinia asked them curiously. "This fucker is my mate, " Bryce slurred while pointing the bottle at Milo. "It took me years of courting to get him to realize it was meant to be. He kept declaring he only liked women, refusing to accept the fact that the sight of me made his dick hard."

Queen Aqua and Alinia laughed at the two before walking away as Milo argued with Bryce's story. Queen Aqua linked her arm with Alinia's, "What do you plan to do now?" The Queen asked curiously. Alinia sighed, "Move on I guess." Queen Aqua smiled, "Good. Tomorrow you and I are going to the hot spring on the edge of my kingdom for a little girl time." Alinia smiled, "That sounds wonderful."

Alinia had never had a female companion before. This was going to be a nice change.