Chapter 8

Alinia sat at the war table between Kenomi and Dracin. Limion he just told them of Tyra and her warning. No one acknowledged the fact Astara was targeting Limion, and plans to kill him. None of them seemed to care, and Alinia hated that. She cared, more then she would ever tell them.

"Starla and the others will soon be coming over to our side in a day or so. For them it'll only be a matter of hours." Weylun told them, once he had gotten back from the God Realm. Then Alinia would really have to start questioning who was friend and who was foe. "Where will be Pyro be going to stay protected?" Alinia questioned. "With me to my castle, they won't think to look for him there. Maybe with the time passing quicker there, he'll come into his form much sooner." Feylun replied. Limion nodded, "Theo won't like it, but right now he has yet to return and we can't sit here and do nothing while we wait." They all nodded in agreement. They then began coming up with as many plans as possible while discussing escape routes in case they need to retreat. "Anyway we can try to get them to fight us in the Westinian Caverns?" Alinia asked. "Are you insane?" Dracin asked her. She gave him an even look, "Yes I am." "The scorpions, and many other beasts will wipe out our army before the Gods get the chance." Dracin told her. She waved a hand, "I didn't say bring our army into the cavern."

"Then what do you have in mind?" Weylun asked her. "Reroute all portals they make to come into this realm to be in the caverns. I'll create some lures that will also attract some of the more deadly creatures to them. Hopefully it will take out some of their army, making them retreat until they can figure out how to undo what I did." Limion nodded in approval, "I'll ensure some of my demons are in that mix as well to take out as many as possible."

She nodded, "Once our alley's are here is when I'll do it." Soon everyone left the war tent, leaving only Limion and Alinia. It was the first time they had been alone in a while. "Are you worried?" She asked him, meaning Astara. "I am, but not for myself." Was his answer. They studied each other, both revealing their raw emotions to the other. Alinia's heart felt like it was slamming in her chest. Both were scared to move, thinking the other will run. Her fight or flight instincts were blaring in her mind.

"I loved the gift." She told him in a voice barely above a whisper. His eyes went to the table, where her feet were, the daggers in her boots. "For the rest of our immortal lives I will forever continue to apologize." He told her, his eyes going back to hers. "I've already accepted your apology." She said while standing from the table. He moved then as she went to leave the tent. He touched her arm gently, causing her to pause and turn to look at him. He then did something that made her throat go dry.

He kneeled at her feet, dagger in hand. "You only ever showed me love and acceptance and I tarnished that by fearing you. No longer do I fear you, and forever I want to serve as your oath sworn warrior." She looked from the dagger, to his eyes. She knew what it would mean if she rejected his offer. She also knew what it would mean if she accepted it. She took the dagger and sliced the vein on her wrist, and spoke the oath in the old language. He then bowed his head and took her offered wrist his lips going to her wrist, first as a kiss, then to drink. When the bond was in place, he licked the wound close. He then looked up at her, still holding her wrist. She used her free hand to wipe away the blood from his mouth.

Dracin stood just outside the tent, with Feylun, Kenomi, and Weylun, watching them. Dracin smirked, "Good luck to anyone who challenges her now." Kenomi and Feylun turned their attention to him, "So you approve after what happened?" Dracin nodded, "Who do you think gave him the idea to make her the daggers as a gift?" "And here we thought you hated each other." Kenomi said.

"He brought me his sword." Dracin told them after awhile. "He was going to let me kill him for what he did." "And you didn't take the chance?" Weylun asked him. Dracin shook his head, "He was already dead on the inside, and I'm not into easy prey." Kenomi chuckled softly but Dracin's glare made him keep all comments to himself. "Astara will now see Alinia as an obstacle to get Limion's throne. Since now technically Alinia is the Queen of the Underworld." Weylun pointed out to them. Dracin and Kenomi looked at him confused, "How is she now the Queen?" "By becoming her oath bound warrior, he gave up his crown and position to her." Feylun explained instead of his brother. Weylun nodded, "Making her the Queen now." "How often does a God swear themselves?" Dracin asked them. "Never." They said in unison. "The Gods love their positions they fought so hard for and refuse to give themselves to another." Feylun continued. "But what if they're mates?" Kenomi asked him. Feylun took his hand, "When they're mates, it makes them equal and share the strongest of the two's position. But if a mate swears them-self as a warrior, then they are giving up their position completely, declaring their mate is above them." Dracin shook his head, declaring to himself, he'll never understand the politics in the God Realm.

Limion walked Alinia back to her tent where Quila, Lyra, Myra, Lathom, and Sochi were waiting with drinks and cups. "Welcome to our ranks." Quila cheered, holding up a cup. The others followed suit. Limion and Alinia each took a cup. Alinia gave him a soft smile before holding up hers. He returned her smile before doing the same. Then as one, they all downed the burning liquid in their cups. Together they will face the war.