John Lennon - Meeting The Nowhere Boy - Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Right so, John's here because... I'm in the band!" Paul announced, doing little jazz hands.

"Oh good," You tried to use as much enthusiasm as you possibly could but clearly not mustering up much as Paul's face dropped slightly and he rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry. Well done, Mac, seriously I'm dead happy for you."

"Thank you. Oh and sorry about bringing John. I know you two didn't really get on and all, but he insisted." He told you as he threw himself onto the sofa. So Paul wasn't the least bit curious as to why he'd been so insistent?

Your eyes meet Lennon's, who was previously scoping out your living room. He watches your next move like the two of you are engaged in an intense game of chess and he's trying to predict what you'll do next. But he can't. And that's why he is here. You find him equally hard to read but you don't necessarily care to read him. In honesty, after the last time you'd been around him, you didn't care if you never saw him again.

"It's fine."

There was a silence that wasn't really uncomfortable for you as you were stood in your own home, but it made John feel uneasy. He was starting to think he shouldn't of come along with Paul but just found out where you lived and turned up by himself. He discovered that with the other boy here there really was no way of getting under your skin, he was your security.

"So we were also writing songs too. Turns out we're both pretty good at it." Paul boasted.

"That's good-"

"Actually, I can show you! Let me just nip next door, to mine, and I can get the lyrics we wrote. Won't be a second." He jumped back up off the sofa. This was very normal. The two of you would run between your houses to fetch various toys when you were younger.

"You'll wake your dad and brother." You try to reason so he wouldn't leave. Correction; so he wouldn't leave you alone with Lennon.

"I'll sneak in around the back. I've done it before" Paul shrugged.

Because he entered through the back door Paul for some reason thought he was some kind of stealth ninja that no one had ever heard. You could hear him rattling his keys from the comfort of your own home. Paul was not a quiet person. He liked a little bit of chaos and noise, but knowing him for as long as you did this would probably change one day.

"You can show me tomorrow."

"(Y/N), It'll take two minutes at most to sneak in and out. I'll be right back," He says while reading himself to walk out of the living room. "Might be longer if my Dad catches me."

"Mac-"

"No funny business, John. I don't want you upsetting her." He points at Lennon and gives him a serious look.

John gave him a nod and held up his hands in surrender. This was is the chance he'd been waiting for. He'd have you alone. Paul darted off, slamming the front door behind him hard enough that you heard the cabinets rattle. There was another pause. John smirked and took a step towards, opening his mouth to speak, you which alerted you into your own movement.

"Tea?" You made a b-line towards the kitchen.

"Woah woah woah, not so fast," He latched onto your wrist and pulled you back. Lennon very much enjoyed stopping you from leaving by taking a gentle hold of your wrist. This was the second time in as many meetings. "I didn't think It'd be this easy to find ye'. I expected a challenge."

"We already told ye' I'm Mac's neighbour, you hardly needed detective work, Poirot." You scoff and pull your wrist from his grip. Finally being able to turn on your heel, you go to the kitchen.