ᴢᴇɴɪᴛsᴜ ᴀɢᴀᴛsᴜᴍᴀ ⇝ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏ ɪᴛ

Start from the beginning

Tanjiro felt something tug his heart upon witnessing your beautiful eye smile with subtle pink hues crept on your cheeks. For some identified reason, you really look cute there when making that face.

"Tanjiro?" Your voice snapped him out of his trance which he frantically looked at you.

"A-Ah yes?!"

Your eyebrows arched as you tilt your head to suspect his face. "Are you okay? You're kinda spacing out."

"E-Eh I'm alright! I j-just thought of s-something!" He said and you merely nodded, still concerned.

"Oi! Gonpachiro! Shinobu was damn mad! You're still not buying those old hags stuffs?!" Inosuke barged in through the door with an indignant countenance. You swear that you even saw an irk mark spread on his forehead.

"Ah! You're right! I was just searching for (Name) since Shinobu-san said that she knows all the herbs that she wanted to buy," the water breath user immediately responded as he scurried towards the door, peering at you.

"Let's go, (Name). Shinobu-san might beat us into a pulp." He shuddered just by thinking about what happened to Inosuke a few days ago.

"Oh yeah! Hey Inosuke, can you carry Zenitsu? I made him unconscious since he's being a madman again," you pleaded but the pretty boy only huffed and ardently grabbed Zenitsu's back collar then dragged him outside.

Talk about carrying.

"Let's go, (Name)?" Tanjiro spoke.

"We shall."

The two of you started to leave the butterfly estate to buy the herbal medicines that Shinobu was dying to have. Once you two reached outside the premises, Tanjiro abruptly called your name which you turned your head to face the boy.

"You know, you should tell him what you truly feel, (Name), rather than regret it in the end once the two of you separated your ways. Isn't it better to spend the days while you're still together and make some memories while knowing your feelings for each other? I know I don't have any position to decide what you should do, but... I just don't want you to regret it in the end for not telling him that you like him... you know, I still have regretted not saying to my family that I love them before they die. I didn't know that it'll be the last time I would see them. So to reflect it, you shouldn't slip the chance away when it's still there." Tanjiro bestows you a tender smile that really warmed your heart.

You don't have any objections to what he just told you because it makes sense. It's better if you tell him that you like him before you die. You don't know what the future lies ahead and if you would even survive until the end with Zenitsu and everyone. Your life is now at risk, now that you're a part of the demon slayer corps. You have a fifty percent chance to live and the other half is to die, that's the only option your life has. And that's the same goes for everyone, so you know the consequences of having the profession of being a demon hunter.

"I guess you're right..." you muttered while looking at the ground. "I should tell him my true feelings, Tanjiro. Thank you for your advice, I really owe you." You give him a grin which he instantly returns back.

"I'm glad that I could be of help."

•••

After giving Shinobu the medicines that you bought, you and Tanjiro parted your ways and look for Zenitsu. You wondered where Inosuke brought the thunder breath user, knowing the fact that Inosuke is a mischievous brat. Thinking of possible scenarios where Inosuke had brought him; a wave of concern flows through your body. If that pig head brought him to a grubby place, you won't hesitate to choke him to death.