ᴢᴇɴɪᴛsᴜ ᴀɢᴀᴛsᴜᴍᴀ ⇝ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴀʏ ɪᴛ

Start from the beginning

"(Name)! Are you here?" Tanjiro's voice echoed as his head peaked at the door frame. His eyes immediately shone once he saw you inside.

"Oh, I'm glad that you're here! Shinobu-san asked us to buy her some herbal medicines," he informs and you nodded in response.

"Sure, I'm done cleaning this room--"

"Oi Tanjiro, do you want me to kill you this instant?" Zenitsu's voice suddenly went venomous so that you could visibly see the dark aura surrounding his body. The water breath user flinched upon seeing the murderous aura that his friend was emitting. You merely shook your head in frustration then sighed.

"Are you taking (Name) away from me?! Are you that desperate to find a girl?! Then she's not available because I'm the one who saw her first!" Zenitsu snapped as he slowly unsheathes his sword glinting due to the sunlight.

"I don't want to hear it from you who's actually the one desperate here," you remarked but Zenitsu didn't hear your statement. His mind was too plagued from killing Tanjiro to even listen to your statement.

"I-I'm not! She's all yours but Shinobu-san said to me that (Name) should also come!" The pure boy defended but that didn't stop Zenitsu from attempting to kill him.

"Purge immediately! Purge!" He instantly points his sword at him which Tanjiro panicked at his outburst. Sighing, before Zenitsu can sway his sword, you already chopped his neck with an amount of force that can make him unconscious. You grabbed the back of his collar before he could fall to the ground.

Tanjiro innocently stared at you as he stole glances at Zenitsu then you then Zenitsu then you.

"Is he okay?" He worriedly asked.

"Yeah, he's going to wake up soon. I'm sorry if Zenitsu's spouting some nonsense," you apologized sincerely then bowed. The burgundy haired boy shakes his hands and flashed you his bright smile.

"It's okay, (Name). I can't blame him since he genuinely loves you." His immediate reply makes your face erupted in flames.

Although everyone knows that the coward boy likes you, you still can't contain yourself from being flustered when they're opening it up to you. It's just that... you also like him but you don't have the courage to tell the blonde boy. It definitely made you ecstatic knowing the fact that you two have mutual feelings for each other but you're the one who's being a coward to convey your feelings.

"I know you like him too, (Name)," he remarked, which caught your attention with lips slightly parted. Your blush supplemented more knowing the fact that Tanjiro sees through you.

"I-Is it really that obvious?" You stuttered and Tanjiro nodded in response.

"You know I have a good sense of smell, (Name). I can distinguish the person's emotions too. The smell that you're emitting is adoration and love towards Zenitsu. Although you're obscuring it with your usual facade, you still can't hide it to me since I can also see you being sweaty when you're talking to him."

That really hit you like a truck, after hearing Tanjiro's conclusion, you only bit your lower lip and you can feel your stomach churning. Curse Tanjiro's sharp sense of smell.

You intended not to tell any single person about the feelings you have for Zenitsu. Because you already presumed that they're going to tease you to him and he will eventually guess what it's all about. Even though Zenitsu looks really dumb, you know what he's capable of, that's why you're trying to hide your feelings to the best of your abilities. He's sometimes observant and he can be intelligent if he needs to.

"Well... you got me," you flashed him a sheepish smile then rub the back of your neck. "I really like Zenitsu too... but I am too cowardly to tell it straight to him. Actually, I'm really happy when he's always pestering me to marry him. I want to be by his side until we grow up."