86. Your Head On A Plater

My brain had shut down. I was clammy and there was the glisten of a cold sweat. My eyes were as wide as if someone was coming to deliver the fatal blow. Yet what I saw, no one else could see. Trapped in my own psychosis, a living nightmare for one, tailor made by my own brain to play on my deepest fears.

It couldn't be...I slowly walked in the room and closed the door behind me. There he was, like cockroaches that not even a nuclear war can kill them, he was alive. He laid sick, cloths of cold water were over his forehead. All kind of machines were around him, supporting him, keeping him alive. His eyes were half open but he still couldn't see me. Elias was still alive.

Small, roundish, and stayed still like a statue. It was like a number of elderly squirrels were trying to escape from a sack. His own age was on the older side of completely indeterminate. His face was pale and I could see through his thick skin, his bones were small and fragile. He couldn't fight back...now understood who the other man, Victoria had said that he had seen another man with James..now I knew who that man was.

I started walking around his bed, it was really him, the famous Elias, I had seen him in photos but from up close it was different. It was quiet, for the first time my mind was quiet but there was something lurking in the shadows of my mind. An evil no one could really see. A monster that would torment people.

I could feel it, raging inside of me. Just under the surface, just loud enough for me to hear, but there was a door in between us. I had locked it in a room, tried to keep it far away from me. But it was still there. Tearing through the holes, trying to reach what was left of my sanity. My humanity...

It was only a matter of time before it managed to break through. It had been locked up, but the door I had put between us was starting to collapse, to crumble. My instincts were awaken, my mind knew what I had to do. I knew that sooner or later I would let my guard down, the door would bleak. It was inevitable.

As the minutes passed the monster looked more like me than anything else. I realized that Elias was falling, he had to be dead by now but no...James wanted to keep alive a murderer like him, keep him here...

I moved without knowing it, almost mechanically, the monster had taken over my body and there was no going back now...I was turning into the monster I wanted keep locked for so long. There was only one way to deal with guys like this, guys who hid who they really were until they got home. I would just show to everyone what a real monster looks like.

I grabbed a pillow from the small couch that was in front of Elia's bed. I was a monster, that was the start and the end of what I really was. I slowly moved closer to Elia's bed and kept looking him.

"Do you remember Snowshill? Do you remember Grace? The woman you kidnapped and left pregnant?" I whispered.

He tried to scream, but the inside of his mouth lacked any moisture and a croak was all that issued from his gape. My heart raced at tremendous speeds, and my lungs shallowly rose and fell in time. I stood there for what felt like an eternity but was actually only five minutes. I towered him and pressed the pillow on his face, his hands started moving up and down, his body shook as if it was filled with electricity.

Waiting in the shadows, there was a darkness in my heart and it was tearing me apart but there was no going back now. I liked watching the eyes fade, the pupil fade. It was all about power and control. For a deadly blow I had to pay him with a deadly blow too. After a while his hands stopped moving uncontrollably, they fell to his sides and stayed still.

There are two kinds of joy but I only care about the second one. My joy was high, it came fast and brought on an impulsiveness. I didn't know if    I was hollow inside but all this situations brought a smirk on my face. He was dead, I removed the pillow from his face and watched his dead body laying on the bed. For a moment I thought about Elias and James, Elias was clearly a psychopath but James...I was not so sure.

Even psychopaths have feelings and emotions, then again maybe not. After leaving his lifeless body on that bed I went straight to the living room, I didn't feel guilty, I actually didn't feel anything.

"Are you alright?" James asked me worried. "You were gone for a long time."

"It was nothing, my wound was hurting a little." I replied.

I even got a little scared of myself. I kept changing my mind about James, one day I want to kill him the other I want...I didn't know what I wanted. Sometimes I didn't just want to kill him, I wanted to put him in a pit an add the shovels of dirt slowly until his god damn mouth was filled of muck. I wanted to hear the suffocation of his cries, I wanted to know the second he would stop existing. I felt a sick sense of joy rising within me.

Some other times I felt as if James deserved better, he was a victim, a victim to a sick story. His father was the real murderer and James was just following his orders, probably Elias had put James to kill Victoria. Maybe to James it was nothing, maybe he felt nothing while he planted a bullet on her head but I felt it. They said that giving people second chances could truly make you happy, well I say the opposite. It could really disappoint you.

I stayed for a little longer with James and then I left, Derange had sent me a message, we kept hitting James from all the sides and it wouldn't take us long to kneel him down. Revenge was like a rolling stone, which, when it would go up in hill, it would eventually return upon me with a greater violence, and break those bones. My bones...or I could jump to the emptiness, my fate would be better than this.

Our plan with Derange was good. The best way out for us would be running in with everything we had. When everyone would think that we would leave, we would return for the final phase. Everything was coming to an end...