𝟓𝟔. 𝐑𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐟 𝐃𝐚𝐰𝐧

We arrived at our hotel and I quickly rushed to the bathroom, I had to take a long shower, fix my hair, my makeup and get dressed. I had to get prepared for what was following, Derange still hadn't told me the plan for today or where we would go.

My hand fell to the lever and the water began, so cold at first I almost cried out. Then the stream thickened, warmed, steam rose to my face. After a while I heard a loud squeak coming from the bathroom's door. Fear clenched like a tight first around my chest. I nervously grabbed my shampoo and I was ready to perform my attack but Derange's voice stopped me.

"I am guessing you have in your hands whatever you found in front of you, maybe the shampoo?" he chuckled loudly. "You're already dead, that's why wherever we go we take with us our gun, I already gave you one."

"You are..." I hissed. "Get out," I commanded angrily.

"What were you going to do? Hit me with the plastic shampoo? or maybe try to burn me with the water?" he chuckled once again.

"What do you want?"

"Oh me? Nothing, just to teach you our first rule, always take your gun with you, wherever you go," he said and laughed. "Next time try opening the curtain very fast, you should go for the old style "Scare my killer with my killer body", got it?" he was now laughing hysterically.

I opened the curtain enough to see his head and I threw my shampoo on him. With a loud thump the shampoo landed on his head and then fell on the floor.

"That hurt me Alice," he said sarcastically.

"Well then my methods are working."

After that, I heard the bathroom door closing, he was finally outside. Maybe I should consider killing him in his sleep, with that precious gun he gave me, after all I had to carry it everywhere right? He made me frustrated and annoyed. After some minutes I got out of the bathroom and wrapped a towel around my wet body. I opened the door and the steam came out all at once. Derange was laying on the bed in his casual pose, with his hands behind his head.

"Looking pretty as always doll," he teased.

"Stop calling me doll Derange. Also, can I finally learn your name?" I said and grabbed my clothes from the bed.

"Nobody knows my name doll. What makes you think that I will reveal it to you?" he asked curious.

"Okay," I replied and entered the bathroom once again.

As I was putting my underwear and my garter belt, I could hear Derange whistle casually from his bed. It was show time. I suddenly opened the door and there I was, with the lingerie we had agreed I would wear tonight. Derange's eyes widen and he was looking at me like an idiot.

"So?" I exclaimed." First rule, scare the killer with my killer body. Did it work?" I said sarcastically.

He stared as if I had just produced a rhinoceros from my pocket. I could just imagine the sparks in his brain, desperately trying to connect the dots and instead just causing a short circuit. He looked like a pop eyed toy from one of those claw machines at the fun fair. Perfectly funny. I must admit, I was enjoying it, his reaction.

"Miss Alice these...how can I say it? These cheap tricks that you have under your sleeve, unfortunately don't work on everyone," he composed himself and grinned."Now come here."

I walked towards him, never taking my eyes off of him as he slowly reached to his bag and took out a knife. The knife was dual blade with a hardwood handle. Everything about it was precise. It was the kind of knife yuppies carry when they want to look tough on their one hour hike in the park. He handed it to me. I turned it over in my hands, feeling the weight of it. It wasn't heavy.