81. Backstabbing...

Lorenzo just gave me a very good reason to give him to James, he had to be smarter, now...little Lorenzo was going where he belonged, to hell. Three men attacked us...or at least tried to.

One man threw up his forearms like an offensive lineman blocking a defensive back, but I slipped to the side, pushed the man's elbow down and away, caught his head, and rolled him into the floor. Third of a second once contact was made, and I was on my feet, watching the muscular man rush towards me in slow motion as the two other men, even more slowly, jumped to their feet and went straight for Derange.

I did not try to stop his gun, I rolled my hand under the man's wrist, drove the man's arm over and back, and pulled him backward and down. I had the gun before the man slammed into the floor, and hit him on the forehead two hard times. Derange smashed an elbow into the side of a man's skull, the soft spot high on the temple. The other man had a worst fate, Derange slapped his right palm down on the man's face, shattering his nose.

Suddenly a man got up and stabbed me in the ribs, the knife met flesh, soft and pudgy, and made a satisfying squish as the tip of the blade sank deep enough to make me scream. He twisted the blade in his hands, all the while sinking it deeper and deeper. My skin was tearing to shreds as the knife rotated, the sound of my muscles and nerves being gouged growing louder.

My cry was a a brilliant sound, guttural chokes mixed with an agonized roar. He smirked, and pulled the blade out of my side. I sank to my knees, continuing to scream, convulsing and trembling like a rabid animal and thick blood flowing freely from the gaping hole in my side.

Derange's scream sounded, I slowly turned my head and tried to see him, two men were holding him to the ground. They were grabbing his wrists and held a gun against his chest. After some minutes my vision became blurry, I suddenly took on a pale look, as if I had been painted with white wash, even my lips were barely there. Then with one step backwards I crumpled like a puppet suddenly released of their strings.

Everything became fuzzy. Then I saw nothing at all. My consciousness was floating through an empty space filled with a thick static. Throughout the inky space my heartbeats pounded loudly, echoing in my ears, alongside fading pleas for help. The next thing I know, I found myself on a bed with bright lights over me.

"I have been so worried about you, the doctor said that thankfully the knife didn't tear any of your arteries." Derange's voice sounded in distance.

I remembered Derange's face over me while I was laying on the cold pavement, he was shouting and shaking me. He carried me until the hospital, his eye was seriously hurt, it was all bruised and had the color of purple. In this hospital bed my medicine was my memories, the good times I had with Derange. He was the one that held my heart as if it were a precious gem. He was my doctor. So thought I was there, in that hospital bed, Derange was still the one who kept me strong.

The doctors kept putting bandages on my side, they stabilized and reduced my wound's bleeding. To be honest, all I could see was a bunch of doctors over me and my hands all red, my clothes all red and my face..well my face was all white.

After regaining my consciousness I slowly opened my eyes and saw Derange sleeping in the chair next to my bed. I rose unsteadily to my feet, it was against doctors orders to be moving right now but I needed the washroom and I needed to have both legs broken before I would ask for assistance with that...I was startled to see a face glaring back that was more purple than any other colour. Derange's eyes was almost closed and purple. My last memory was of Derange carrying me.

"What are you doing?" Derange stood up and approached me.

I walked like my limbs didn't really belonged to me and each step was a negotiation rather than an order. Everything hurt now. Every damn thing. Derange helped me get on my bed again, I fumbled the little white pill for the pain, my mind already wanting the pain relief to come. It wasn't that my suffering was silent, it never left me unless I was sleeping. Those pills were little trap doors into moments of bliss, a few hours of tranquility.

"I got so worried, for a moment there I thought..." he said and looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "I am sorry for not being able to protect you."

"Protect me? Derange you're not superman to take on so many men all at once. After all, everything happens for a reason and as I see it...even god works in our favor." I smirked.

Derange looked me with questioning eyes. Everything was working perfectly and now our dear Lorenzo was going down. Unfortunately, he didn't listen to my threats, I can destroy him as easily as I can kill an ant. Actually I would feel bad for killing ants but for Lorenzo...well what can we say...now it was my turn to make my move.

"Everything will work out on our favor, go and give James number to the nurse, tell her to call him and tell him I am in the hospital. Leave before he comes and leave the rest to me." I smirked.

"What are you going to do?" he demanded answers.

"You said...our third rule is to work with whatever we have...and take everyone on our side. That's exactly what I am going to do." I replied.

Derange quickly left from my room after kissing my forehead. Now all I had to do was wait for James to arrive and...start the party.