Chapter Eleven

Cassius' P.O.V

"Don't talk to me."

"But Your-"

"Don't." I growl angrily trying to resist the urge to rip his jugular from his throat. This is all his fault. All of his fault.

"She'll be arriving here shortly along with her father and a few of their tribal members." Elder Richard manages to mumble out before I throw a blood-curdling glare at him causing him to completely freeze. It took every ounce of me not to bludgeon him to death. He has put me in a situation I wanted to have no part in.

"Shut up and tag along quietly. I do not want to hear your or any one of the Elders voices today. Do I make myself clear?" He nods his head solemnly as he silently trails behind me out of the room.

How long do I have before Pierce finds out? He would never want to speak to me again and that same hate he had held for me will rise once more. I know he would think I lied to him. . .but I just wasn't being completely honest with him. I didn't want him to continue to hate me.

Being King is not something I wanted. It was my brother's title before mine and my father's before his. It was never meant for me, but somehow I attained it.

I know this doesn't excuse the fact that I hid the truth from him, but it was out of necessity. As for this. . .this farce marriage I. . .I'm afraid. If he finds out. . .My eyes begin to narrow downward. I'll lose him for good.

"Alpha Castille, you have grown into a fine young wolf since I last saw you."

I give a slight nod of acknowledge as I enter the room and sit down at the head of the long table. It's plastered in gold and fine silk. Even the chairs held large amounts of cushioning. My seat is a nice velvet red with markings of my kingdom marked all around its borders.

"Good evening. . .Alpha Camuilla." The look I give him is a distasteful one. We all know the game that is being played here and I am no fool. Waging war against a tribe that has done little enough to warrant such attention is folly. I know that. But the Westerners have always despised us. I don't believe a marriage will solve a grudge that has been held for thousands of years. I look around noticing Grimm off to the side along with Stevens and a few other guardians of my well-being.

Soon enough my eyes land on a woman. Her eyes widen slightly and soon doesn't bother to try and make eye contact with me again. "You must forgive my daughter. Cecillia introduce yourself to your future mate." The last word practically stings at my heart. I cannot ever marry this girl.

"My name is Cecilia. I am third in line to inherit the tribal name. I would like to. . .thank you for accepting our proposed union and I hope we can find happiness within each other until the end of our days." She says all of this while looking at me directly in the eyes but mine begin to falter. I want no one but Pierce. Her green eyes reminds me of him, but his was so much more gorgeous. They were dark. They were light. They were green. . .they were blue. . .

Addelin clears his throat bringing me out of my short daydream. "I hope you do not mind me leaving a few guardians around for my daughter's well-being."Chimes in Camuilla which makes me growl inwardly.

"I do not, but I assure you your daughter will be in great hands here."

" I do not doubt you Castille, but my daughter is a great treasure of mine you see. I would not like for her to end up like many of your predecessors that walked these very halls." I tune down my rising anger and smile at him. "I suppose your unease is well warranted. Let her have her guards."

My eyes find her again and I must admit she is nice to look upon. She is everything the Elder's said she would be, but I am not interested. "I hope you will honor the code of loverage and keep to yourself as will my daughter until your marriage has been anointed."