I laughed. Cabir did love food. Even more than Navya, I feel sometimes.

Also, the surprise. I knew unlike everyone else. "But are you sure about this Abhi? Driving all the way from Mangalore to Mumbai at night... wouldn't you be sleepy? Will you be safe?"

"Yes love... don't worry. I've done this before, remember? I drove all way at three AM to check on you after your first date with Manik, I can do that for my first date with Mukti--" He was cut off by someone.

"Okay babygirl, I gotta go. Take care, alright?" He said on the phone.

"I will. You too. Love you, Abhi," I murmured.

"Love you too, Nandini," he said before the phone went dead.

I got out of my cab, paying the money and walking into my building.

Abhi couldn't come for the engagement today 'cause of a meeting, which let Mukti very disappointed. So he planned this surprise where he'll leave late evening after the meeting, drive all night to Mumbai, so that he can surprise her in the morning and take her out all day before Musicana, tell her what he feels, and then support her like an obedient boyfriend when she performs. I'm proud of my best friend, yay.

And then there's Manik.

Today was going to be our day too. And, where the fuck is that guy?

As if listening to my thoughts, the lift door opened, and the first face I saw was him.

"Manik?" I let out in surprise and he gave me a sheepish smile. He was sitting on the stairs, as if waiting for me.

"Yeah... I... left my keys at home today," he said and my eyes widened.

"Why didn't you call me? How long have you been waiting here for?" I said, surprised as I unlocked the door with my keys and we both got in.

"An hour and a half," He murmered, "And I lost my phone."

"What? When?" My eyes were wide.

"Cabir's bachelor party. Just left it somewhere or something. And I didn't buy a new one 'cause we had exams and I as well thought I'll buy after to avoid distractions." He shrugged.

So this is the reason I got nothing from Manik for these ten days. No calls, no messages. And I thought he was ignoring me. God, I should be labelled the queen of overthinking and creating unnecessary problems for myself.

"Oh," I smiled, "What's the plan for today?"

He walked towards me, smiling lazily. "No plans," he whispered, putting a hand around my waist and pulling me close such that he was leaning on the couch, and me, on him.

His head ducked on my shoulder, "I'm so sleepy. I'll sleep until their engagement."

I laughed, moving away from him. "Have lunch, and sleep."

"Nandini..." he scratched the back of his head. "The night before exams..."

I looked up at him, my eyes a little wide. He was going to talk about that?

"Maybe you could mind explaining why I woke up half naked in my bed when I was drunk and your lip stick marks on my face?" He smirked.

I raised my eyebrows. "Mind you Manik, I was sleeping when you came back, which means I had no lipstick on my lips. I'm sorry to say, but the lipstick marks didn't belong to me then," I smirked back.