The Black Scarlet: Godzilla Earth vs. Ancalagon the Black

In memoriam of Tadao Takashima. One of the best actors Aniki could ever have.

 One of the best actors Aniki could ever have

Haruo Sakaki rose from his medical bed. His body ached; his wounds throbbed with pain as he tried to stand up or move. Wincing at the shock, he looked up only seeing through his left eye. Tried to concentrate on the other eye but couldn't; it was where the bandages were wrapped around his head. Haruo then remembered the previous night at Mechagodzilla City; where he lead his troops to fight the one ruler of Earth for 20 thousand years and his true enemy, Godzilla. Even as he sat there, thinking about the monster who driven the human race off the planet, his blood boils and rage could be felt. But then, the rage faded away as the memories of Yuko and what happened made his anger turn to remorse; he had to lead them all into a battle they couldn't hope to win. He was the one who ordered his comrades to die by Godzilla's hand; the one who used the power of Nanometal to create machines that were too powerful to use. And he was the one who, just like the ancient mythology of the one who flew too close to the sun, fell in defeat as the city burned and Godzilla stood defiant at mankind's foolishness. At the thought of what happened, Haruo's one good eye shed a single tear in remembering his fallen friend sitting there on a makeshift bed in the Aratrum's medical center.

The room was a standard medical facility, outfitted with state of the art technology to keep the wounded alive. Large healing tanks full of blue liquid gurgled large bubbles to the surface, beds with curtains open to signified their open to any patient; heart monitors beeped rhythmically as the sound was made every time there was a heartbeat and a medical drone circling the room checking on floating down to see Haruo. It made a series of sounds that could almost be mistaken for talking if only he knew what it was saying. After a minute of the little robot sewing up any loose bandages, he looked around to find he was the only one in this room. He felt isolated, not understanding why he wasn't back on Earth or how he got back to the mothership. All Haruo remembered after the battle and his Vulture crashing to find Yuko, a blast from Godzilla's Atomic Breath ripped through the burning city and struck the outskirts of the city and destroyed the Vulture mechs. He then fell over Yuko's body and tried to revive her, but he fell to the ground after feeling a piece of shrapnel lodged in his stomach and passed out with no more concern for the burning landscape. Then he woke up on board the ship, but it didn't seem right. Haruo slowly, if not painfully, got up from the bed and hobbled over to where the door was closed. He punched in a series of codes, his rank of captain had its advantages however despite that the door refused to open.

"Come on," he grumbled and slipped in another code before it was quickly denied. "Work! Damn it, why can't I--"

Just then, the metal door slid wide open but not from the inside. Standing in front of him in his traditional religious clothing and a smile adorned his face as he saw Haruo was Metphies, an Exif priest who held significant power on the ship along with the representative to the race. His slender form made his otherwise human appearance almost large then Haruo, who was of average height. His long rounded ears and blonde hair made him look elvish almost heavenly. Best not to tell him that, Haruo thought, the last thing he needed was a heart to heart talk of the Exif belief and the holy way of God.