Chapter 29

3rd Person:

The sound of your feet slamming onto the dirt floor could be heard through the carnival, you were frantically running about looking for anything to run to, you knew it wasn't smart to hide, you needed to continue running for 45 minutes. This was going to be the most exhausting 45 minutes of your life. The moaning of the corpses behind you was sending unwanted, violent jolts of adrenaline and anxiety through your petite body. God! You were so tired of this! You just wanted to sit on the couch with your mother and watch a marathon of (Fav/Show) and eat your favorite snacks. You doubted you would ever be able to return to a normal life after this excursion with Jack. But, you would worry about that once the time came, right now you had walking corpses of rotting children on your tail.  

You ran around the corner of a carnival game stand and grabbed a nearby barrel filled to the brim of basketballs and dragged it behind you causing it to leak its contents onto the ground. Lucky for you, your quick thinking cause the first array of rotting children to face plant onto the hard ground. They seemed to be immobile, probably because of how frail their bones already are. Considering their fragile state if you could continue to immobilize them this would definitely help you in the long run.

You came to a halt and frantically began looked around for anything that could come to your aid. Your eyes landed on a certain carnival game stand. The stand was made of very aged wood faded from all its color leaving it to be a mixture of grey and white. The top of the stand had a sign that said "SHOOTER'S SALOON", some letters were barely hanging onto the front of the stand. If the game was what you thought it was this could certainly come to your aid. Wasting no more time, you quickly ran into the rundown shack. You began to enter through the rotting door but it seemed to be stuck. "No, no, no", you began to panic hearing the moans of the demonic corpses closing in around you. You back up and slammed your body into the door. The force was not only enough to break the lock but it was also enough to throw your body onto the hard ground. Grunting in pain, you pushed yourself off the floor and quickly stumbled into the door closing it as best you could.
Grabbing a nearby barrel, you shoved it into the door to prevent anything from coming in.
Since you had time you began to look around the shack, the only light you had was the rays of like peaking through the holes and cracks of the wooden walls. Luckily for you it was enough to give you a good view of what surrounded you. There were targets on one wall and a counter parallel to it. This clearly was so sort of shooting game. It was likely that you could find some sort of weapon in there. On top of the counter was a metal gate that was locked onto the top of the counter. It was probably used to close the stand at the end of the night, that is if this was even a legit carnival. If you would have guessed, this was probably just an illusion, something that the clown had simply placed in your mind. This wasn't a real place at least not in your reality.
You began to search the counter for anything that could be of use to you, like a weapon of some sort. The shelves behind the counter were full of used targets, old dirty prizes and abandoned spider webs, and something else. You picked up a foggy glass bottle, you could see it was full but you could see its contents. You gave it a good shake and smiled at the music that filled your ears. They were BBs. You internally screamed. A BB gun may not be any use to anyone in real life, but this was a win in your book. You thought back to when the body hit the floor, it completely caved in because of how rotten it was. These bullets would certainly do some damage, one problem, you just needed a gun.
Huffing, you looked around further and found another bottle of ammo, but no gun. Once the counter was fully searched you looked at the targets. They were all either broken or used. You searched behind them, in the cabinets under them, the only place left to look was up. In all its glory, above the targets, laying across 2 hooks was the thing you've been looking so desperately for, the BB gun.
You quickly began to climb the counter top accidentally kicking one of the targets over with you foot, sending a loud echo through the shack. You held your breath and listened carefully for any sign that anything heard you. Nothing. You released the breath you were holding and continued to climb. You stood up on your tippy toes, fingers just about grazing the barrel. You literally needed a centimeter, so you jumped up and grabbed the gun. You smiled in victory, you had a weapon. The only question was how does it work?
You never had a BB gun before but a childhood friend did. You remembered to pull out the plug and pour in the metal beads plugging up the hole after you finished. Now how did you fire it? And were you any good at shooting? You cocked the gun like they did in the movies and it made a satisfying click sound. Okay you did something right.  Now onto your next question, are you a good shot?
You looked for a nearby hole in the wall of the shack and pointed the barrel of the gun through it, your eyes peaking through a crack slightly above it so you could see your target. The walking children were walking in circles lifelessly. You could use one of them as your practice, this leads to another problem. Would it be noisy, and bring attention to you? Most likely. But also, this was too easy. They must know you were in the shack to begin with, you had been in there for almost 25 minutes. Maybe he wanted you to find the gun? Maybe he wanted things to be more exciting? Probably.
Swallowing hard you aimed your gun and pulled the trigger, the BB landing straight into the corpses head. The corpse feel to the ground and turned to ashes. Oh lord did that draw attention to yourself. The moaning and shuffling of feet filled your ears. This was supposed to happen, he knew you were there and you knew that because you could here his laughter echo throughout the carnival, bouncing off the walls of the tents as it traveled.
The barrel that was leaning against the door was now on the floor and door was forced open. Without hesitation, you used the back of the gun and slammed it into the lock on the counter top that was holding the gate down. Once the lock broke you shoved it into the ceiling, as jumped over the counter  leaving you outside of the shack and temporarily out of the clutches of the walking dead.
You took off running again into the directional the giant run down ferris wheel, you didn't have much time left until you would win, and maybe being on higher ground could help you.
As you ran you fired the BBs at the corpses one by one, watching them fall as you ran pass. Your lungs were burning, your body hated you, you hated you. You had to win, for your mom. She was the drive that kept you going.
Once the rusted wheel came into reach you quickly hoisted yourself up onto the first cart. The dead began to swarm around you, the began shaking the cart back and forth making it hard for you to keep your balance. You began to unload all of the guns contents into the corpses before you cocking in between each round. They bodies began to pile onto one another, causing them to get dangerously close to you. You made it too far to quit now.
They were endless, they just kept coming.
You needed to go higher.
You ran and jumped onto the next cart, pulling yourself up quickly, standing back into the same position you were in standing onto of the first car, legs planted, head and gun down on the target.
"Bring it".
You began to unload more bullets into the bodies as the kept growing in numbers. More and more kept coming out of the shadows of the fair. It was becoming too much for you to handle, but you didn't want to show HIM that. You jumped to the next cart, nearly falling in the process due to it being higher and steeper than the last cart. After pulling your self up once more just to be safe you leaped to the next cart. Once your feet were yet again planted onto the rusted metal, you cocked the gun again but to your horror it was empty. You used the back of the gun to slam it into the heads of the dead that was getting close to you but the population began to overcome you yet again. The rules were they couldn't catch you. Your time was almost up. If only you could have lasted a couple more minutes. You looked at the ground. It was a far drop you would definitely break your legs if you jumped, but maybe if you landed it right you wouldn't be as hurt? Taking your chances you squeezed your eyes shut and run until your feet and no longer flat against a surface. The groaning and moaning of the dead stopped and so did the creepy carnival music. The feeling of falling never came. You opened your (e/c) eyes to find that they were met may with cold grey ones.
"Congratulations gumdrop! You won round 2".

A.N: Hello everyone! I was too excited so I didn't edit this chapter so excuse any typos. It's a short one but I hope you guys enjoy. Also still thinking about doing a creepypasta one shot book so let me know how you feel about that. Please keep the comments coming I love reading what you guys think!
Thanks for all the love! ❤️