(6)

January 30th

Hoseok POV

Vante

Ok, let's talk
3:30pm

Vante
I missed you :(
But for real, let me explain. It would be better if I explained it over call.
3:35pm

Go for it
3:36pm

Incoming FaceTime from Moonboy💜🥰

Answer | Decline

Answer

Tae's face appeared onto my phone screen. On this winter day he seemed to be wearing a black beret, with a white shirt that had the pattern of black stripes. He even put on a pair of fake glasses, something that I didn't see on him often. Like the last call he was in his room, this time placed on his bed in front of band posters.

"Hey." He said in a low tone voice, it was audible enough for me too here him.

"Hey there." My voice came out in a more neutral tone. I looked at his eyes, the were gloomy and filled with dread that have never seen go across his face before.

"That guy-that I was telling you about. Alexander, I never really told you his name. I just don't like it to come out of my mouth." He let out a long, dreary sigh.

"What did he do?" I asked quickly, maybe a bit too quickly as he looked at me with an odd look,then continued on with his explanation.

He looked around for a second, his chocolate brown eyes catching someone of the sunlight, a bit of flare bouncing off of the round glasses. "Well that day all that stuff was sent to you, it was him. He stole my phone from my hands and typed all that up so he could destroy the relationship we have."

"Why did he steal your phone in the first place?" I questioned him, not knowing quite how to react to the situation at hand. I felt suspicion in my gut, but I had to listen further.

"He saw that you were my home screen as I was switching apps and asked who you were. I told him because otherwise he would have beat me up. It's really hard wearing makeup, I don't like it because I can't how off my natural skin tone. I just wish I could avoid him, but it's so hard when he finds it amusing to beat me up- someone so defenseless I guess." A tear streamed down his face, he was quick to wipe it away. In the process he wiped away a patch of makeup, covering up a smaller purple bruise on his face.

"That's just cruel. You're so sweet, and you care for everyone around you. A lot of people don't see that but I do. I really do Tae." I plastered a small smile on my face to reassure him. The further we got into this relationship the more insecurity I was seeing come out him, from the look in his eyes, to how emotional he was getting.

"How did I even-" he ruffled up his hair a bit before completing his sentence. "How did I even end up with someone like you. It doesn't make any sense at the end of the day."

"Love-Love is weird. You always seem to end up with someone you don't except. That's what makes it interesting though."

"Yeah, I guess." He shrugged his shoulders in a way that spoke to me as he was in agreement with what I had said. "Does this love even feel the same as one where you can hold hands, hug each other, kiss each other. Just be with each other. Does it feel the same Hobi? Does it?"