Chapter 11 Part 2 (Long Chapter)

It was half past 10, and the clock that Maria and I set up in our tent was still creating its sound tick tock at the awkward silence. Apparently, we got paired up with Amanda’s new minion whom Maria and I did not know about. This day was getting better and better. I wonder what’s coming up next.

Maria cleared her throat, looking at me with those eyes that told me to “say something or I’m leaving” and I sighed giving in. I walked up to Stacey or Samantha. I don’t remember her name okay?

“Hi I am Sienna.” I extended a hand out to Stacey or Samantha and she looked at it for a second before looking back into a more ‘Pleasant’ sight; her freshly manicured nails with a touch of neon pink nail polish that was so Amanda-ishy.

“Yeah yeah whatevs. I’m Stephanie Rogers.” She said, clearly uninterested in the talk. But just looking into her eyes, I knew that she had a kind heart whatsoever even if she was a freakin’ minion to the Queen B of the greatest High School with a kinda cliché environment. She was now texting on the phone, probably with her one night stand or something. Fine, I won’t judge her before I get to know her. But seriously, she was wearing a short sky blue sundress with a heart necklace wrapped around her neck, huge amount of Barbie makeup, not to forget she was a fake tanned, with genuine brunette hair. She finally noticed me staring, and I quickly looked away. I wonder if she watches Barbie?

“Mar let’s head out, I think the day is about to get started and I’m so dang excited.” I told Maria, trying to escape from the weird tension and awkward atmosphere.

“Bye Stephanie.” I called out to her, as Maria and I walked out of the tent, but not without hearing her most interesting word “Whatevs.” As soon as the fresh cool air from the hills hit us, we walked towards where Landon was, after he noticed us, and we did a group hug for a while. Maria spotted Brian, who was hanging out with some cheerleader I think, and I did not even see a single jealous look on her face. Instead, she grinned hugely as if she had just won a lottery. I guess they would definitely be really good friends. And I was glad too that Maria was not obsessed with him anymore, because I knew that there soon would come a guy who will suit Maria perfectly.

“Alright settle down everybody. Okay, so today, we will be doing some of the famous traditions we do. So players from all the sports teams, come and join us for the lighting up ceremony.” One of the teachers, Ms. Cupcake announced, causing all the cheers to erupt from all around me. The ‘lighting up’ ceremony was a ceremony that the school did whenever there was a fieldtrip. They say it brings good luck to the school. So the captains of the teams held the huge wooden cylinder together and lighted up the huge candle, which was the coolest of all. We all clapped and got ready for our activities. People would think we were childish to be so excited for activities like these, oh but don’t underestimate our teachers. They could actually be really fun when they have to.

In my mind, I already collected all the details I wanted to about the descriptive essay and was ready to explain the beautiful surroundings. But first let me describe the surroundings. All around the tents were huge trees that were blossoming and contained green leaves with many different types of fruits. The forest was not exactly a forest, but yes it did sort of looked like one. Only difference was that the trees were not so closely packed like in real forests—

Before I could finish my description, the teacher was offering us to choose what we wished to do, and I already had my bottle of water ready for times like these. We all loved Treasure Hunt and that is what I had in common with the stereotyped students.

“Alright English students of the year 2014, today we will start our day by playing a game of ‘Treasure Hunt’. The clapping started again, and everyone began making groups, but before they could continue this group making, Ms. Cupcake spoke up again, “But there are rules, the groups have already been made. And now I am going to be calling out each one of you. There are 105 students altogether. We have grouped you all into fives in each group, so pay attention.” Everybody fell silent after that.