Chapter 9: Part Two

The door opened behind me, and everybody looked at the sight. Even those people who were making out vigorously on the side banged up against the wall. That must have been complicated for them. Why did they stop their respective business and look? That’s because CAMERON HAMSHAW had just made his grand entrance. Let’s not forget James and Andrew.

All the girls were swooned by their looks, apparently they were known as the hottest men in the school, but it’s so over exaggerated. The crowd had gone back to banging up against a wall and continuing their Businesses. Many of the girls straightened up their clothes, and smoothened their hair with their hands and sneaked glances at the trio.

Everything was back to normal and my favorite song started playing.

You lift my heart up, when the rest of me is down.

You, you enchant me, even when you're not around.

If there are boundaries, I will try to knock them down.

I'm latching on babe, now I know what I have found.

I feel we're close enough.

I wanna lock in your love.

I think we're close enough.

Could I lock in your love baby?

Now I got you in my space.

I won't let go of you.

Got you shackled in my embrace.

I'm latching onto you.

Now I got you in my space.

I won't let go of you.

Got you shackled in my embrace.

I'm latching onto you.

I'm so encaptured, got me wrapped up in your touch.

Feel so enamored, hold me tight within your clutch.

How do you do it, you got me losing every breath.

I really needed to dance, but I didn’t want to dance alone. If I just stood there and watch others dance, I would be left out and I don’t want any more attention at the moment.

Landon came from behind me and hugged me. “Let’s dance Sienna! And you look great by the way.” He looked serious when he said this. I just wanted to laugh.

“Thanks.” He brought me to the dance floor where many others were dancing to the beat. It was Disclosure/Latch by Sam Smith. Who wouldn’t dance to it?

After a whole half an hour of dancing to different songs, I got tired and excused myself. “Lan, I’m going to find the toilet. Go find some girls to flirt with.” I sent him a wink as he rolled his eyes.

I walked upstairs after getting the directions to the toilet and when I reached there, I almost tripped over glasses and red cups that were now scattered on the ground. Gosh, these party maniacs are so dirty! And when I looked up, I caught a drunken guy checking me out, but looked like he really was too drunk to realize that he was checking the good girl, Sienna Thompson out! I looked closely to see that he was Paul Dasher from one of my classes. He finally spoke up, but still shaking ‘cause he was tipsy.

“Wanna maybe get a room and get to know each other better?” He asked as he drank from his red cup again. I scrunched up my nose in disgust. At the moment, he looked like one of those people who were homeless and to avoid depression, drowned themselves in drinking beer and whiskey.

“No thanks. I rather shove my face inside a toilet basin rather than ‘talk’ to you! I tried to walk away but there were pieces of glass that were now broken surrounding me. If I walked on the glass, I would be held responsible for the damage. I decided to jump, but just as I was about to do so, a hand was on my elbow and I was pulled back. I banged into something hard. I looked back to see that Paul banged me into the wall and started to speak once again.

“Come on, don’t be such a spoil sport. A party is supposed to be enjoyed and fun-filled.” He started blowing on my neck and I tried to get away from his hold but he pushed me back onto the wall rougher, as he started grinding onto me. I really didn’t want to be in this position, if it weren’t already obvious. I wonder where’s everybody! Oh that’s right, they’re too busy making out. Well what a day!! This has got to be the worst day ever.

“Please, let me go. You’re pushing me too hard.” I cried in pain, but he pushed me again, causing me to close my eyes, because he was so heavy, I felt like a ton of bricks were covering me.

“That’s what she said. Want it harder?” He started biting my neck and I let out a cry of pain. “We could still go to the bedroom you know?” He pulled my hair towards the other side, so my neck was bare, and his hand went down my hand and I shivered in disgust.

“GET OFF OF HER ASSHOLE!” I heard someone shout from behind Paul. Paul looked back to see Cameron Hamshaw glare at him. I was surprised that there were no holes on Paul’s face yet.

“Or what?” Paul argued. He still hadn’t let go of me, and I struggled out of his hold when he turned to face Cameron fully. Cameron looked so furious, that he looked good enough to murder somebody.

“I can do a lot of things, but now’s not the time!” Cameron shouted, loud enough just for me and Paul to hear.

“Well, in case you didn’t already know, you weren’t invited to this party!” Paul said. What was surprising was he had the courage to say that to the bad boy.

“GO!” Cameron roared. Paul was too drunk, he wanted to say something, but Cameron punched him across the face and he fell down. He fell asleep. What an idiot!

You know those times where you wished a hot guy saved you from a bastard, and those stereotypical party events? This seemed like the copy of those moments. Cameron and I stayed in our positions staring at each other, stuck in an awkward silence. I cleared my throat and just as I was about to thank Cameron, his two other friends came. They greeted me, but Cameron seemed silent the whole time. I wonder what happened to him? He gets so weird sometimes..

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“I’m so sorry about what happened at the party! If only I knew that those type of guys still existed, I wouldn’t have forced you to come.” Maria apologized to me for what seemed like the hundredth time.

“It’s okay, I don’t care anyways.” I shrugged it off, but the only thing that didn’t seem to leave my mind was that Cameron arrived at the perfect moment, as if he knew that I was in trouble. What a coincidence though!

“So Cameron really saved you huh?” Maria asked with curiosity. Yep, I told her the whole story, I couldn’t hide many things from her.

“Sienna! Come down, Dinner’s ready honey.” My mom called from downstairs.

“Listen Mar, I gotta go, I’ll tell you all the details in school tomorrow! Bye.”

It was a Sunday night but the party day had been such a weird day that I just couldn’t stop thinking what would have happened if Cameron weren’t there? If James and Andrew hadn’t interrupted our silence? And most importantly, if Paul remembered what he had done? As the memories came rushing into my mind, I shook my head in disgust once again but was not completely over the event. My arm was still so painful!