Bottle Baby

The van pulled into the hotel parking lot, and Ophelia still slept. The drugs had made her sick and sleepy, and Ophelia realized that if she slept, her nausea went away. She didn't want to sleep since that made her susceptible to whatever her kidnappers would do to her, but the internal ickiness and external weakness was just too much.

"I'll give Lia her bottle if the rest of you load up the van," Seokjin said, quickly unbuckling his seatbelt so he could move to sit next to the sleeping girl.

"I thought we were going to stay at the hotel for a bit before flying back?" Jimin asked, stepping out of the van, desperate to stretch his legs after the long car ride. Once Taehyung got out and the sleeping boys in the back woke up, Seokjin took Tae's spot next to Ophelia, running a hand through her hair with a smile.

"No, I want to get her home soon. She's looking a little pale," Seokjin brushed a hand over Ophelia's forehead and cheek, noting just how hot and clammy it felt. The girl whimpered and turned her head away from Jin in her sleep, causing Jin to give a small coo at the action.

Once the rest had left the van to pack their things, Seokjin unbuckled Ophelia from her car seat and maneuvered her so she was now sitting on his lap. The movement caused her eyes to open in panic, and her breathing to increase to the point where she was nearly hyperventilating.

Seokjin noticed the beginning of her panic attack and began to gently bounce her. Ophelia eventually ended up choking on her breaths and sobs, but willed herself to continue to fight despite her limbs not cooperating with her mind. The chloroform started to wear off, as Ophelia could think much clearer and make out small words.

"N-no..." Ophelia choked out, closing her eyes as if that would make everything stop and disappear. "L-let go..." Seokjin only continued to shush her, put her head under his chin, and reached down to grab a bottle of water and a baby bottle. With the baby bottle in her vision, Ophelia noticed white powder resting at the bottom and feared that it wasn't formula mix. Once the water was poured in and the color remained clear instead of a milky white, Ophelia's panicking increased as the water was drugged.

"Open up, baby," he said, holding the bottle to Ophelia's tightly shut lips, "Open up for Eomma."

Ophelia was caught off-guard by the man referring to himself as 'Eomma,' and Seokjin took to opportunity to slip the bottle into her unwilling mouth. Ophelia refused to drink from the bottle, fighting the natural instinct to suck, and attempted to maneuver the rubber nipple out of her mouth. This only resulted in the water that was forced out due to gravity to smear all over her lips and into her mouth. This caused Jin to click his tongue in disapproval and put slight pressure on the bottle, forcing more water to flow into Ophelia's mouth. Ophelia still refused to swallow, having the water slowly fill her mouth, leaking out from where her lips were parted around the baby bottle.

Not removing pressure from the bottle, Seokjin began to gently blow in Ophelia's face, triggering her to swallow. Ophelia shut her eyes tightly and unconsciously swallowed, causing her to also begin suckling on the bottle. Realizing that some of the white powder was now in her, she admitted defeat and quickly drank the water, wanting to get out of the situation sooner. Being in the car seat was much better than being on the strange man's lap.

With her eyes closed in an attempt to block out her current situation, Ophelia didn't notice another man come back to the car until he spoke.

"Awh, someone's tired," the deep voice said, gently brushing his finger across Ophelia's cheek. Ophelia opened her eyes and glared at the man, recognizing him as the one previously in the passenger's seat. He smiled in return, laughing slightly at the girl's annoyance.

"She should be out again soon," Seokjin said, "We have a long flight and I want her asleep for most of it. Tae said she should be out for twelve hours after her bottle." Ophelia began to internally panic; she didn't know what would happen to her in those hours she'd be unconscious.

Soon enough all the water was out of the bottle. Jin removed the rubber nipple from Ophelia's mouth and grabbed the rag that Namjoon held out to him to wipe the water all over Ophelia's mouth. When his rag-covered finger brushed over her lips, Ophelia bit down on the fabric, causing Jin to pull his finger back. Instead of the expected glare and anger, Ophelia was shocked when the man simply chuckled before continuing.

"Silly baby," Jin threw the rag back into the bag and tapped the tip of the girl's nose, "Eomma's finger isn't your bottle."

Ophelia groaned and flung her head back as if the small movements she could make was enough to escape the man's grasp. This only resulted in Jin cooing and rocking her gently. Already feeling the effects of the drug (a downside of being a lightweight), Ophelia sleepily looked outside the van at the clear blue sky and the other men carrying bags. The bright sunlight hurt her sensitive eyes, but she now refused to close them, fearing what would happen when she fell asleep. They said that they were flying somewhere, probably somewhere far away where no one would find her.

It's not like anyone would look for me, Ophelia thought. My parents would do anything to get me away from them.

Seokjin noticed Ophelia staring at Namjoon and smiled, figuring that she was quickly warming up to them since her face didn't have the glare it previously did. Namjoon, however, wasn't paying much attention. He was too distracted by his phone to see little doe eyes staring at him.

"Are you looking at Appa?" Seokjin asked the girl, giving her a small bounce on his lap. This caught Namjoon's attention, who looked to find Ophelia's stare on him. He smiled, but realized that she wasn't exactly staring at him- it was almost like she was staring through him, deep in thought and pretending he wasn't there. His smile was taken over by a concerned glance towards Jin, which was ignored for Jin was too busy staring down at the girl in his lap.

Ophelia, internally, was at war with herself. On one hand, she realized she no longer had to deal with her parents. No more yelling at three in the morning. No more cleaning up broken beer bottles before her brother woke up so he wouldn't step on any stray glass. No more being the only mature adult of the house. No more.

But that also means she basically left her siblings to fend for themselves. Henry was only a middle-schooler who grew up relying on Ophelia. While neither of them would admit it, Henry really had no clue how to take care of himself and Rose.

And Rose.

Rose. Ophelia left Rose alone. Ophelia felt her panic internalize to the point she was so tense she could explode. How long had she been gone? Rose was overdue for a feeding, and the only thing Ophelia could do was hope that Henry got home from school okay. Sometimes on his walk home, he decided to stop by a friend's home or corner store for a snack. While Ophelia never seemed to care, this time she hoped Henry came straight home and found Rose alone and at least fed and changed her.

Someone would call the police. While Ophelia wasn't exactly popular, she had a lot of good friends (some of who could be considered 'popular'). Once someone realized that she wasn't answering her texts or came to school, someone would get suspicious and call in. Maybe Henry would as soon as he got home, and Ophelia would be found quicker than the plane could take off. That was most likely impossible, seeing as even Ophelia didn't know where she was.

Unable to fight against the threat of sleep any longer, Ophelia closed her tear-filled eyes.