Seeing Red

Ophelia had been an angel while Hoseok fed her the fruit; she didn't put up a fuss when he placed her on his lap nor when he chose to feed her himself. She did get slightly annoyed at Hoseok when he missed a beat in feeding her to check his phone, furrowing her brows and trying to grab a melon piece herself. Her mittens didn't allow her to grasp a single chunk, but by then Hoseok realized what she wanted and put the fruit to her mouth with a small apology.

One by one the others began getting ready to leave. It would be Hoseok and Jin alone with Ophelia today, but Jin planned on doing a little bit of shopping, leaving Ophelia in Hoseok's more than capable hands. As each person left, Hoseok gently encouraged the girl to say 'bye-bye,' resulting in an unenthusiastic hum from Ophelia. It wasn't exactly what Hoseok wanted, but he considered the small sound of acknowledgment progress no matter how small.

"Well don't you look comfortable," Jin cooed at Ophelia, who currently was curled up in the large recliner with Hoseok. He placed a soft kiss to her forehead that Ophelia gave her signature glare at. "Remember to give her a bottle before she goes down for a nap. Maybe in like an hour or so?" Jin reminded Hoseok.

"I know, I know," Hoseok replied with a smile. "Say bye-bye to Eomma, Lia!"

"Bye," Ophelia responded, annoyance rising in her voice. The simple response still brought a huge smile to both caregivers.

"Bye, baby!" Jin placed one more kiss to Ophelia's cheek, causing her to recoil at the touch, "Be good for Hoseokie!"

Once Jin left out the front door, Ophelia immediately wanted nothing to do with Hoseok and tried to slide off his lap. The unwanted attention from Jin ruined her peaceful and relaxed mood. Hoseok's strong arm held her in place.

"What's wrong?" Hoseok asked. A moment ago Ophelia was content sitting on his lap, and why she was suddenly fussing confused Hoseok.

"Let me go," Ophelia hissed, pushing back on Hoseok's chest to get away. Hoseok didn't give in, instead moving Ophelia around they were face-to-face with Ophelia straddling his lap. This only upset Ophelia further, now kicking her feet and squirming around in a full tantrum.

"Lia, why are you upset?" Hoseok tried to grab her chin to get her to look at him, but a mitten-clad hand swatted his own away. "You have to talk to me, love." The fussing increased until Hoseok deemed it too much, wanting to end the tantrum immediately. He took a firm hold on Ophelia's chin, forcing their eyes to meet, Ophelia's murderous gaze meeting his own stern one.

"That is enough, Ophelia." Using her full name acted as a trigger to Ophelia; the girl became so used to being called 'Lia' or any other pet name by the men that hearing 'Ophelia' almost threw her off-guard. The name was only used when she was in trouble, forcing her to fear whenever it was used.

The girl froze for a moment, and Hoseok used that to his advantage before she fired back up again. "You need to calm down and tell me what's wrong otherwise I can't fix it, sweetie." Ophelia's face slowly scrunched in anger, and before Hoseok could securely hold her she pushed herself backward and off Hoseok's lap. Obviously, Ophelia anticipated Hoseok's embrace seeing as she simply pushed herself onto the ground.

"Lia!" Hoseok scolded, "Do you know how dangerous that was? Your head is only centimeters away from the coffee table!" Ophelia's eyes grew twice their normal size out of shock and fear- she never heard Hoseok raise his voice at her before and honestly, it was terrifying. Hoseok grabbed her arm and pulled her off the ground before she even thought of running off. Three swift swats were delivered to her bottom, Ophelia biting back her angry screams with a whimper. He continued walking her over to a corner in the living room, his grip on her arm still painfully tight.

"Ten minutes in time-out and then you're going down for an early nap, little one." Hoseok gave her one more swat before leaving her to serve her punishment. He sat down on the couch to watch Ophelia from the corner of his eye to make sure she stays in place.

The time-out only caused Ophelia's anger to grow, eventually causing her to literally shake with rage. Once she saw red, there was no turning back. She turned around to release her anger at the only other person in the room.

"Could you just fuck off?" She screamed, causing Hoseok to raise an eyebrow. "This entire fucking game is getting old! I don't want anything to do with you sick fucks!"

Hoseok remained surprisingly calm, though the same anger settled in his veins. "Ophelia, turn back around."

"No!" She yelled, taking a step away from the corner. Everything felt hot, her heart was beating a mile a minute, and Ophelia's head was fuzzier than ever. Nothing felt real- Ophelia was just a spectator in her own actions.

"You have until the count of three, baby. Get back in the corner." Ophelia crossed her arms in defiance, glaring daggers at the man across the room.

"One..." Ophelia took another daring step away.

"Two..." Hoseok thought it was cute how the girl probably thought she looked tough and menacing, but the childish pout on her face gave away her horrible acting. A defiant child throwing a tantrum because she couldn't get her way- that's exactly what she was.

"Three." Hoseok stood up, and immediately Ophelia made a run for the stairs. Unfortunately for her, that involved running past Hoseok, who scooped her up once she was in arms' reach. Hoseok threw the kicking and screaming girl over his shoulder until he entered the kitchen and placed her in her highchair, allowing her to wear herself out with her tantrum while he made her bottle. By the time everything had been added to the milk, Ophelia had calmed down enough to just soft crying.

It was precious how she often got angry to the point of tears.

"Are you done?" Hoseok asked coldly, not wanting Ophelia to think her tantrum had been forgiven just yet. Ophelia slammed her head onto the tray of the highchair, covering her head with her arms. She gave her last petulant kick as Hoseok lifted her out of the highchair, placing her on his hip. He put the bottle to Ophelia's lips and fed her as he walked to the nursery. He laid her in the crib, placing the bottle next to her so she could feed herself.

"You earned yourself an early nap, baby," Hoseok placed a kiss to Ophelia's forehead, a small show of love alongside his scolding voice. "Daddy's not going to be happy once he hears about your little tantrum."

And the tears and screams started up again.

Watching Ophelia's tantrum from the baby monitor intrigued Hoseok. She attempted to climb out of the crib, only to realize that the bars were slightly raised after her last escape stunt. After shaking the bars with a loud scream, Ophelia plopped herself back down and continued to wail. Her crying went on for a good hour until she eventually laid down to take her nap. What really shocked Hoseok is how she fed herself her bottle in an attempt to soothe herself before she fell asleep- something he never thought she'd do considering how often she fought being little.

Usually, Ophelia's morning nap lasted a half hour to forty minutes at most- her afternoon nap was much longer. Hoseok reasoned that because Ophelia was obviously overtired, a longer nap was necessary. Waking her up any earlier may just lead to a continuation of her tantrum.

Noon approached and Hoseok woke Ophelia up for lunch. She was out like a light when he entered the nursery, and stayed in her sleepy state as he set her down on the changing table. She used her diaper while she napped; it was a common occurrence and partially why they wanted to change her diaper while she was still half asleep. The one time she woke up and discovered she used her diaper overnight was not a fun experience for anyone.

Hoseok changed her diaper, but something caught his eye- a small patch of blood on the diaper. Hoseok felt his heart race with anxiety- the drugs in Ophelia's milk stopped menstruation entirely, so that wasn't it. After carefully cleaning the girl more, he discovered more dark red around...

Hoseok didn't know what to do. It looked painful and uncomfortable for his poor baby- was that why she was so fussy today? Because she was in pain? He quickly threw away the dirty diaper and changed Ophelia into a longer shirt, sans diaper. Very carefully, he picked the girl back up who started fussing at the sudden movements. Hoseok didn't care, too focused on taking her to Jin because he didn't know what was wrong, nor did he want to deal with it alone.

Maybe Yoongi could wait to find out about Ophelia's little tantrum.