[113] Lily Evans

*not proofread*

-/-

It was the year 1976. You and Lily are sixth years now. The world has become more accepting of queer people. Well, it's what you would call accepting. You still didn't dare to go out with your girlfriend, you still didn't dare to tell anyone about your sexuality and you felt ashamed of yourself.

Lily, on the other hand, told her parents this summer. She send you a letter via owl-post. They reacted very supportively of her. Which you kinda expected, the people who raised Lily Evans couldn't be anything but kind.

Oh, your sweet girlfriend, you remember the day she asked you to be her girlfriend. It was amazing. However, kept secret all the time. You must admit that whenever Potter flirted with Lily you can't help but feel jealous. You feel bad for him too though. Everyone can see he's head over heels for your girlfriend.

Lily came running to you when she saw you on peron 9 3/4. She engulfed you in a big hug. You dropped your suitcase and wrapped your arms around her. Your face was in her neck (she's a little bit taller) making you smell her perfumery. You missed her smell.

"Let's get a spot on the train. The rest will catch up with us later. I want some time alone," she said with a wink.

You knew it was risky but followed her into the train to the compartment you always say with your friends. You were a creature of habit do quickly took the place on the right closets to the window. Lily sat right next to you resting her head on your shoulder.

"I think I'm going to tell the rest," Lily quietly said. "I mean I don't know how they are going to react. But I don't wanna be friends with a bunch of homophobes anyway."

You turned your head and kissed her forehead. "Do whatever you think is right. I don't mind. You can tell them we're in a relationship if it makes you more comfortable."

"I don't wanna out you," Lily said unsure if you really wanted this.

"Lily I'm sure of this. I don't want to hide anymore. I love you."

The two of you moved closer. You could feel her breath on your lips. Oh, how you've missed those pretty soft lips against yours.

At that moment the marauders, Mary, Alice and Marlene burst in the compartment. Lily quickly moved her head away from you.

"She doesn't want to date you, Potter," Marlene said.

"That's not the reason we are here. Why can't we just catch up with all of you? You guys are our friends too," James said in return. "But while we're here I might as well ask my beautiful Lily flower."

Remus looked apologetic at Lily. He never wanted to bother the girls. Everyone had sat down making everyone sit pretty close to each other.

"Lily flower do you want to go out with me?" James asked full hope that his crush is going to say yes this time.

"Eh well about that." You squeezed Lily's leg to let her know you supported her. "Eh — well — I am in a relationship with [your name]. I'm gay." Tears had formed into Lily's eyes. She didn't know why. She wasn't sad she was so happy that she finally told her closest friends. That she didn't have to hide her love anymore.

"I knew it! [your name] one day had your lipstick on," Alice said proudly of herself that she found clues already.

James and Sirius, on the other hand, couldn't say anything. "You two? What?"

"I'm sorry James I should've told you sooner," Lily apologized. "I was just afraid you guys were going to think we are weird."

Remus, who sat in front of you, patted your knee. It was his way of saying I support you.

"I love you, Lily," you said and kissed her. She immediately responded by opening her mouth and asserting dominance.

"Just because you two are girls doesn't mean we want to see your PDA," Mary said laughing.

***