[65] James Potter

James had loved you since the beginning of time

James had loved you since the beginning of time. He couldn't remember when he didn't love you. The two of you grew up together he knew no better.

-/-

"I thought she would love me," James said his voice full of self pity. His breath smelled like fire whiskey. His already messy hair looked even worse now.

"How could someone so perfect love me? I'm just a little boy who pranks. She is the unreachable queen. I'm so much less worthy. I'm so stupid." He took another sip. "Stupid prongs."

Remus looked worried at his friend. He had never seen him like that. "I think that's enough."

James looked up his eyes were red and swollen from all the crying. "I thought I had a chance and now we are here. Life just shows us how fucked up everything is. Remus, I will never find love."

Remus just grabbed the flask the drunken boy was holding. "Let me get that." James tried to keep a hold of it but he was too weak in this stage.

"No one will ever love me," he muttered and lied down. "No one will ever love me," he said louder.

He chuckled. Normally his chuckles were filled with humor; his eyes would twinkle and you would see the skin around his eyes wrinkle, but not this time. His eyes were stone cold. No humor could be found in these chuckles.

"Never."

***

What animal would you like to be as animagus?