~ TWENTY TWO ~

"How many times must I repeat myself to you? Yes, we have only nine days

"How many times must I repeat myself to you? Yes, we have only nine days. No, I do not have an idea as to where we must start and that is why we are visiting an old friend of mine. And yes, you do need to stay on the ship as she is is not good with new people." Lyria sighed as James pestered her for the billionth time that morning.

Since she had returned from the infamous Flying Dutchman, she had been barraged with questions regarding the ship, the Captain, and the conversation that had occurred between herself and Davy Jones.

So as not to worry her crew, she had refrained from spilling all the details (she needed them to remain level headed if she had any chance of defeating this curse), and tried to put urgency into the whole '10 days' issue. Unfortunately, the winds were not in their favour and the ships were falling a day behind schedule.

After her ordeal with Lucien yesterday, the pair of them hadn't spoken as they were too busy ordering the crew around. Their only source of contact had been relaying messages to each other through their Seconds; messages that were short and to the point, about the journey and nothing else.

"Could you, please, do something useful and relay that to Jordyn. Furthermore, please refrain from flirting with her so. At least until we have broken the curse.  The last thing I need is Lucien killing you."

"Aye, aye, Captain." James pressed a feather light kiss to her cheek in an attempt to ease her worry, before jumping from one ship to the other.

Watching as the crew of the Mermaid's Revenge greeted James warmly, Lyria smiled proudly at how far he had come. James had put aside his rivalry and distaste of the crew, and instead managed to make close friends. If she failed to break the curse and save the sea, at least she knew that something good had come from all the drama; Lyria had united the two crews.

However, some miniscule part of her yearned for the two ships to be united through other means - perhaps a union. On the other hand, Lyria was aware that she would have to put aside her feelings so as to have a clear head for the arduous task ahead. She didn't want to allow herself some small happiness with a mortal man if she was to never see him again.

Looking around at the bustling crew surrounding her, each of them completing their daily tasks, Lyria felt some of her anxiety begin to ease. Once this was all over, the two crews would be safe, making her sacrifice worth it all.

"Unlike my brother, I tend to be more perceptive when it comes to you. Therefore, I am aware that you are hiding something from us." Caleb announced himself, coming to stand next to his Captain.

"Perhaps your skills are lacking."

Caleb let out a short laugh and nudged Lyria with his shoulder before returning back to his serious self. He noticed how tense Lyria had been since she had come back from The Flying Dutchman and even now, her hands were clenched into tight fists as she stared out at the peaceful water.