~ TWO ~

"I hate to be the one to inform you of this but there's blood on your shirt

"I hate to be the one to inform you of this but there's blood on your shirt." James drawled, staring at his Captain over his mug of ale.

"It's not mine." She responded, stealing it and taking a swig.

The tavern was large enough that the trio didn't have to worry too much about being spotted but busy enough that they had to put up with raucous laughter and boastful yelling.
Tables and chairs had been arranged haphazardly, and had filled up quickly enough that whilst walking through the tavern, Lyria had weaved in and out of numerous people stood up, mugs of differing liquids in their hands.

Stains of various colours marked the table that Lyria sat at, and blended in with the burn marks and sword holes ruining what had once been beautiful wood.

Despite being a popular, well known tavern, it wasn't well known for being peaceful and calm. Judging by the ruined walls, floors, and stifling tension, the trio of Vampyres could tell this was a tavern where fights broke out most nights.

"What happened?" Caleb asked, his handsome features twisted into concern. His warm blue eyes held a hint of worry, that he tried to hide because he knew his Captain could defend herself, as they met Lyria's hazel ones.

Just like James, Caleb had no shortage of female companions. His bright blue eyes always looked at people with kindness and compassion, his dark brown hair was perfectly styled and soft enough to run your fingers through it. Caleb was handsome but in the sort of way that a prince from a fairy tale was whereas James was handsome in a way that spelled trouble.

"I'm fine, Caleb." Lyria reassured, before explaining her meeting with Izzy.

Once she had finished, Caleb looked ready to tear off someone's head - he never liked Lyria going into situations like that without someone to protect her back. James was sat there swirling his ale around the mug, watching as some of it sloshed over the side.

"Should have told me you were going." James started, watching as Lyria readied herself for an argument. "Izzy was always so much fun."

A gleam in his eyes informed Lyria that the fun he had had with the recently deceased Vampyre was not something done in public.

"Except I needed to have a serious conversation with her, not watch the pair of you eye fuck each other."

A woman using crude language went unnoticed in the tavern where everyone was using obscene language or making vulgar gestures. That was why Lyria continued to return to Singapore.

It was a place where she was allowed to be as uncouth as she wished; no one cared if she lacked good manners, no one cared that there was a sword strapped to her side. Unless it was pointed at them.

Singapore was where Lyria had found her freedom.
Singapore was where she had decided to become a pirate, and where she had bought her first sword.