lxxvi. reality

I knew Harry was going to be in my house, so I quickly parked my car and grabbed my purse

I knew Harry was going to be in my house, so I quickly parked my car and grabbed my purse. Forgetting about my luggage because that's not important right now. I ran up to the front door, seeing if it was locked. Of course, it wasn't.

I walked inside and I didn't see Harry, so I put my keys and purse down, took off my shoes, and walked towards the stairs. I had a clear view of the living room and kitchen, so I knew he wasn't in those rooms. I walked up the stairs and turned the corner. I noticed that my bedroom door was slightly open, which I know wasn't me because I keep my door closed a hundred percent of the time. I walked closer to the door and opened it wider. There was no sign of Harry.

I thought maybe he went to the bathroom, so I checked the bathroom. He wasn't there. I checked the balcony. He wasn't there. I checked the guest bedroom. And he wasn't there. I could feel my shoulders drop. I know he definitely had to be close because his car was here. He just wasn't.

I went downstairs to grab my phone out of my purse. I checked to see if maybe he texted me telling me had went on a walk or something. And nothing. So, I called him.

When the phone started ringing on my end, I heard it on his end. I followed the noise until I got to the door of my garage I don't use. I noticed that it was unlocked. I grabbed the handle and twisted it.

"Surprise!" Harry yelled.

It was a welcome home surprise of just him. He had balloons and pie.

"Welcome home!" He said walking towards me with his arms opened wide. I quickly met him halfway, wrapping my arms around his waist and his arms around my neck.

"Oh, I missed you so much. I thought you weren't here." I said pulling away to give him a quick kiss.

"It was a surprise. I got you a pie because I know you prefer them over cakes." He smiled, showing me the pie.

"I can't believe you know that. Thank you so much! I love it this little set up!" I gushed at him.

"I would've invited some people, but you were with the only people you really hang out with and this isn't even my house. I can't just invite anybody over." He explained.

"I understand," I laughed. "I appreciate it. I really do. Even though you basically called me a loner. I love it." I smiled.

"Now, come on inside. Let's eat the pie." He grabbed my hand, the pie, and dragged me to the door. We walked straight to the kitchen where he grabbed a knife to cut into the pie.

"We could've just grabbed forks and ate out of the container." I said.

He looked at the pie for a minute, thinking over my suggestion.