xxxiv. reality

With Harry still holding on to my hand, he led me to the middle of the room

With Harry still holding on to my hand, he led me to the middle of the room. I kind of liked how he rented out the whole theater just for us. He's definitely charming.

"Why aren't you a fan of horror films?" I hear Harry ask me as we sat down.

"My father always made me watch them with him when I was little. That indubitably scarred me." I replied laughing at the memories.

"Are you and your dad close?" He questioned.

"We were. He passed away when I was 17. He had esophageal cancer." I explained.

"Oh, I apologize, love." He sweetly said.

"It's okay." I said reassuringly.

"I feel like an asshole now. I wouldn't have brought you here if I had known that." He said looking a little upset.

"No! I'm glad you brought me here. This date has gone amazingly so far. So, thank you." I told him while a smile on my face.

"You're welcome." He smiled back at me.

After our conversation, the lights dimmed down and the movie started. To put it bluntly, I'm most likely not going to watch all of the movie.

🌻🌻🌻

It was about halfway through the movie when I felt a tap on my arm. I looked at Harry with a confused look on my face.

"Can I have some skittles?" He smirked.

"Skittles? That's what you wanted?" I laughed and handed him the box.

"I also like skittles very much." He said.

"Uh huh. Sure you do." I sarcastically said.

"For real." He replied.

"Okay." I said looking back towards the screen.

After a couple more minutes, I could feel Harry's eyes on me. So, I turned to look at him.

"What?" I questioned.

"You're really pretty." He smiled.

"Thanks." I said looking down, laughing.

"I'm serious." He whispered, pushing my hair away from my face.

"Thank you, but we're missing the movie." I said blushing.