Chapter 8

Come To Know ME As Your FIRST LOVE

Fri, 5 Apr 2013

The LORD's Words:

"Come To Know ME As Your FIRST LOVE."

2 Peter 3:3-4, 3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4And saying, Where is the promise of HIS coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Definition Scoffers/Mockers: someone who jeers or mocks or treats something with contempt or calls out in derision.

It is perplexing how so many who claim to be “Christian” really just don’t believe the Bible they profess to live by. How many Christians “edit” the Bible in their minds to suit their own tastes and lifestyles?

One BIG chunk of copy that the lukewarm Christians like to delete out of their personal Bibles is anything to do with the coming rapture and subsequent tribulation. If they hear from people who are trying to tell them that the Bible is coming together NOW with record precision, they just do not want to hear about it. (This is also Bible prophecy coming to pass…)

Really if you think about it—it’s kind of humorous when you consider the number of people who sit in churches every week, carry Bibles around with them, and profess with stalwart certainty to believe in the entire Bible, and imagine if you will, how these same people would have reacted to people from actual Bible times. If these same people living today lived in the time of Noah, they would have declared him eccentric and downright crazy building a boat in a desert region where floods are unheard of…would you have persecuted Noah?

Or what about Ezekiel—if he came to you today with his Biblical description of seeing GOD’s Throne Room, would you think he needed to seek psychiatric counseling? Ezekiel 10:11-13, 11When they went, they went upon their four sides; they turned not as they went, but to the place whither the head looked they followed it; they turned not as they went. 12And their whole body, and their backs, and their hands, and their wings, and the wheels, were full of eyes round about, even the wheels that they four had. 13As for the wheels, it was cried unto them in my hearing, O wheel.

How about Isaiah and his description of seeing the seraphim in the Throne Room of GOD? Would you think him crazy if he told you his story today? Isaiah 6:1-3, In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw also the LORD sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and HIS Train filled the temple. 2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. 3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of HIS Glory.

How about Mary, the Mother of CHRIST? Would you be the first in line to talk behind her back about what kind of crazy person says she is pregnant by the power of GOD? Would you have been one of the first to denounce her claims or ridicule her for telling such a farfetched story?

And what of CHRIST HIMSELF? Would you have been so accepting of HIS Story? When HE said: “To be MY disciple you must eat MY Body and drink MY Blood?” Would you have walked away? Even HIS own family and friends called HIM crazy—would you have chimed in with them? Mark 3:21, And when HIS friends heard of it, they went out to lay hold on HIM: for they said, HE is beside HIMSELF. Would you have called for HIM to be crucified?

The stories that you have taught your own children or you, yourself have learned and believed in Sunday School—YOU, LUKEWARM CHURCH, WOULD HAVE PERSECUTED YESTERDAY’S BIBLE CHARACTERS.

So just what DO YOU BELIEVE? Do you believe the signs GOD gave to be watching for HIS Return that have now all come to pass signaling for you to be ready for the LORD’s rapture of HIS bride— the true church? Or have you torn those pages out of your Bible because you like the world too much and the idea that the LORD is coming soon messes with your own personal will, desires, and pursuits? Well, you can’t have it both ways: you either love the world OR GOD and if you love the world then the love of the FATHER is not in you…