I Wish For You & You Only

One fine evening, Mike biked over to El's house to see what she was up to. It had been quite a while since the last time they hung out, as they had both been so busy. He thought he'd go old school and surprise her with a visit. If she was busy, then at least he'd get a little exercise in!

Hopper had recently installed a porch swing that El liked to read books on when the weather was nice. Given that it was sunny out that day, she had decided to bring out her latest read. She was so engaged and captivated by her book. Not even the sound of twigs snapping underneath her boyfriend's bike could alter her focus! But the sound of his voice sure could...

"Hey, Winnie," he said, referencing her book, Tuck Everlasting.

"Mike! Oh my gosh, you scared me!" she said, dropping her book and running into his arms.

"I had to see you. I hope this isn't a bad time...Guess I should've thought that through before I showed up like this."

She slowly pulled away from his shoulder, her face now close to his.

"No, not at all! I'm so glad you're here..." she whispered before her lips met his.

"Mmm, I missed those lips," he said, speaking in between kisses.

*El giggles*

She walked over to the porch swing and grabbed her book as if she was planning on going inside.

"Whoa, whoa, what are you doing?"

"Just getting my book...Is that okay with you...?" she asked, confused by his reaction.

"*speaks really fast but stammers* Oh, yeah, sorry! Y-You didn't do anything wrong, I-I was just thinking-"

"Mike, Breathe. I was only joking!"

"*smiles, sighs* I just meant we don't have to go inside just because I'm here now. If you want to keep reading, I'm totally fine with just hanging out for a bit. Just pretend like I'm not here!"

"But what if I don't want to?"

"Don't want to what?"

"Pretend like you're not here."

"Tha-That's okay too..." he said with a smile, his cheeks reddening a little.

He then sat down on the swing and she sat beside him, close enough so that the side of her hip was jabbing into his. He patted his lap for her to sit on. She sat sideways across his legs, holding onto the back of his neck for support.

"Now, what do you want for Christmas?" he asked in a deep Santa voice.

"*giggles* Hmm, *rubs chin* I want...mistletoe!"

"Whoa, someone's been naughty!"

"Guilty as charged! *kisses cheek*"

Letting go of his neck, she turned around so that her back was against his chest. He held her tightly in his arms and she held them back with her own. She then shut her eyes for minute or two, enjoying the closeness.

"Man, it sure is hot out here...*airs out shirt* Must mean that summer's on its way!" he said.

"I can't wait! I've never spent so much time outside in my life...I won't know what to do with myself!" she said.

"We'll go to the pool every day and to the carnival together, oh, and I think the new mall's going to open then too."

"Oh, I forgot about that!"

"Yep."

"Well, you said you were hot, do you want lemonade or something to drink?" she asked.

"Sure, if it's not too much trouble."