Crime

I though I'd just add some things that've happened in my life in respects to crime. It's the first thing that came to mind.

Since I was very young I've seen a lot of crime, I've been right in the middle of it but it wasn't bad crimes like near death. Like I wasn't involved in a shooting in my school or a bombing close by. I was involved in mostly trivial crimes.

The first one was when I was very young. Me, my dad and mom went to the mall or shopping center in South Africa for something. We went to a tiny shop, me and my dad, to buy something to drink. My mum was looking at clothes. All of a sudden I think an alarm went off and all the shops started closing.

My dad told me later that they probably came to rob the bank. In the meantime we went into a room like a panic room. My mum was so shocked she stayed hiding in the clothes while everyone else went to the panic room in the shop. My mum was glad I was with my dad cause she knew I was safe. There was a women outside that my mum told me was running and screaming to be let in but no one let her in. It wasn't a shooting but you had to be careful. One life wasn't worth a shop-full of lives. That's how they saw it.

The second one was when me, my siblings and my mum were traveling back and forth from the UAE to South Africa. We were staying with my aunt and uncle at that point they didn't have a child. We heard gunshots and then we quickly switched off the lights and acted like we were sleeping. We then heard sirens but kept the lights off.

The third one was when we were in South Africa in the National Park. Kruger National Park, you can live on the inside with the animals which I highly recommend or with the other animals, the human kind. The human kind is more comfortable but less safe. One family who went there was killed so they could steal their stuff. We were lucky because we were just out, we had been looking at the animals and we came home late.

My uncle realized that the gate had been tampered with, we soon realized it was workers because they didn't steal the owners stuff only ours. There was a t.v right there but it belonged to the owner not us. They took all electronic devices which I gladly had all. My uncle lost his precious memories of the US and Germany I think, from his computer.

We could see that they had rummaged through our clothes. Ew! We were going to stay longer after my uncle left with his friend but we decided to leave with them. We had only one night to sleep there with Malaria mosquitos but it was cool. I imagined a man standing there every-time I woke up. We left and that was the end of that.

The hopefully last one I encountered was a robbery. It was early in the morning while it was raining, they came and robbed our neighbors. We heard the gunshots and my uncle had been leaving, my aunt went to rush him inside and the gunsman was right there. We saw him run right past us. If you ask me to identify him I couldn't he was like a flash of light. I woke up when I heard them rushing into my room as well as the gunshots woke me up. It was a nice morning until then.

I've experienced the weirdest of things in my life. One we had to stay in that same house that the gunman was close to, without security. My dad barely slept. I barely slept. We slept on mattresses. It was a bad time but it was fine. It was for reasons I won't mention but it was a scary time. We have a lot of windows so we had to huddle together in one room with a ton of windows but close to the code to deactivate the alarm but also the secret is that that if they ask you to deactivate the alarm. There's another code that you can put in that stops the alarms blaring but calls the security company.

Well that's my story for today. As far as I remember that's all of the crimes I've witnessed. Thanks for reading!