C45| Hunger

Hey hey loves!

Unedited! Feel free to point out any mistakes

Don't forget to vote and comment!

❉ s a r a h ❉

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C45

It took a few days for Ally to wake up and when she finally did, the relief in the air was palpable. No one except Damien had seen Xavier for days and I was ordered to stay in the room provided otherwise stated. I'd finally been allowed out of the room once Ally had agreed to let me stay.

I had only been here a few days and it already felt like home.

A loud thump snapped me back to reality and I focused on the door in front of me, glancing up to Damien as he knocked on the smooth wooden surface.

"Enter," Xavier's rough voice ordered from behind the door. At that, Damien pushed his way inside, staring at his brother with a frown.

"You called us?" Damien murmured, stalking inside before pulling out a chair and gesturing for me to sit. I warily did so when Xavier nodded, looking to Xavier even Damien also sat down.

"I want to talk to you about Ally," Xavier coolly stated, folding his hands together before him. "I think we've found a relative of hers."

"That's great!" I grinned, glancing over to Damien who also seemed pleasantly surprised at the news.

"I want to introduce her to him today," Xavier continued, and I instantly felt Damien stiffen beside me.

"Don't you think you should wait a little while longer?" he carefully replied.

"No. She's ready," Xavier quickly and smoothly countered.

"But-"

"She's ready!" Xavier snapped and I felt myself shrink back when I saw his eyes blacken.

He got angry way too easily, I mentally decided, glancing over at Damien who looked to be frustrated over his brother's sudden outburst. Although I could practically feel Damien's irritation, he remained silent as Xavier glared at him.

"If you don't mind me asking-" I began, swallowing when Xavier's black eyes flickered over to stare at me. "Is he here?" At my soft question, Xavier's eyes returned back to their usual hue. He nodded, glancing over our shoulders to the door behind us.

"Nathan, come in," Xavier ordered and suddenly the doors were pushed open. When a middle-aged man stepped inside, I froze where I was, my heart skipping a thousand beats as I gaped at him.

Are you okay, cara mia? Damien spoke into our link.

I didn't – couldn't respond. I could only watch with fear as the man stepped into the room. As he strode closer, I found myself stumbling out of the chair, my back finding whatever wall was furthest away from him.

"You," I whispered as the man gazed at me in confusion, my words barely making it past the lump in my throat. "You should be dead," I murmured again, jolting when Damien abruptly obstructed my vision. I looked to Damien as he stood in front of me, unable to stop the tears from welling behind my eyes. "It's him, Damien. That's Nathan. The first person I killed. He's one of the men who kidnapped me," I cried out, only vaguely aware the Xavier had stood, and Damien was now trembling with what I could only imagine was anger.