C30| You

Hey there everybody!

So, we've finally reached Chapter 30! And I have to say that this one is one I'm sure you've all been waiting for. Number 30 is a pretty big milestone, after all ; )

Now, from here on out the frequency of the updates will probably be based off of the support I get. I know that sounds super selfish but it's actually not for the reason you think. Right now I've started back at University which means that I'm going to be super busy and my motivation to write will probably be crazily low. However, naturally the more comments and support I get, the more I'll find that motivation. My brain's annoying like that.

I will always do my best to update as soon as I possibly can and hopefully (unless something drastic pops up), I'll still update on a weekly(ish) basis!

Anyway! Enjoy you guys! And don't forget to let me know what you think. I have no doubt you'll have some...interesting opinions after this chapter :')

OH! If you can, listen to this song while you read this chapter! I love it and I think it goes so well!

❉ s a r a h ❉

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C30

"I'm sick of coming second to a human," Rhea stated, her eyes flashing with resentment as she glanced between me and Damien. Damien simply stared unflinchingly back at her, though I could tell he was desperately trying not to look at the person beside her –the friend he'd thought to be long dead.

"You know, when I found Nate, I thought that I'd finally be happy. I might've been with you, Damien, but you never loved me like I loved you. To you, I was temporary," Rhea continued, shaking her head with disgust as she used her slender fingers to pick up a small syringe from the small portable table beside her.

"Do you have any idea how heartbreaking it was to find out that my own mate wasn't interested in me because he was far too concerned with finding her and her stupid power?" Rhea's voice cracked and I could've sworn tears were welling in her eyes.

She turned her gaze from me to the syringe and then picked up a little, clear vial filled with a bubbling green liquid, piercing the cork of the lid before using the syringe to suck most of its contents up.

When she was done, she flicked the needle with her fake, red fingernails, biting down on her lip before looking back to me.

"Nate plans to dampen the bond between us so he can be free to mark someone else -to mark you. I'll be left for dead, Juliet," this time Rhea's voice was soft and oddly enough, she reminded me of what she was like when Damien and I had rescued her.

Fragile and broken.

She also seemed to be completely oblivious to the fact that Damien had already marked me.

"So I have to kill you first. You understand, don't you? But... But I suppose that, before I do, I should thank you for giving me this opportunity. I wouldn't have had a chance if your little Warlock friend didn't come save you the night I bombed Juno. Nate sent too many witnesses with me that night to collect you. Hamish on the other hand-" she turned to her partner with a small smile. "Well we've always been friends."

"And we haven't?" Damien spat out, shaking his as he shot glares at Hamish and Rhea. "I thought you were dead, Hamish," Damien deadpanned.