C19| The final stage

Enjoy!

Don't forget to vote, comment and fan :)

Kat Graham (gif) as Cynthia

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C19

"Don't take another step," Damien growled, suddenly stepping forward to place his hand against Jason's chest to stop him from moving toward me.

"You let him mark you?" Jason asked, his voice breaking as he gazed at me, the rage in his eyes dulling to become an unexplainable sadness. He didn't even try to push against Damien but I could tell he wanted to. "He's not good for you, Jules," Jason softly added and I immediately noticed when Damien stiffened.

"You don't get to tell Juliet who's good for her. She's quite capable of making that decision on her own," Damien quietly countered, though he seemed a little distracted as he lightly shoved Jason away.

"And you think you're good enough for her?" Jason bitterly scoffed, shaking his head as he adjusted the collar of his leather jacket.

Damien's lips briefly quirked upwards at the comment.

"I don't think anyone could ever be good enough for her," Damien evenly replied and Jason's scowl deepened while my heart skipped a beat. Jason's eyes flickered to meet my own and I felt myself shrink back under his heated, desperate gaze.

"We've been friends for years, Jules. Are you really going to be with him over-" Jason abruptly shut his mouth and ran his hand over his hair, irritably rubbing his head. "Whatever," without warning, he clicked his fingers and I felt my neck begin to burn. With a pained gasp, my hands flew up to cover the burning mark and Damien immediately grabbed me by the waist, gazing worriedly down at me.

"I'll still be here when he breaks your heart. Jules. Just remember that," Jason murmured before unexpectedly disappearing, ignoring my heavy breaths as Damien gently pulled my arms away and gently kissed the base of my neck.

"He did it," Damien murmured, his warm breath caressing my skin. "I can feel the mark but I can't see it anymore so it must've worked. I can still sense that my scent is mixed in with yours though, but I'm not sure if it's because it's my mark or because mine is still there," Damien murmured, inhaling deeply.

"It's gone," Cynthius suddenly spoke up and both Damien and I turned to face him as he jogged through the tunnel to meet up with us. "Asshole Warlocks and their transporting," he grumpily added with a huff. "Actually I did notice that your scent is different..." he trailed off and looked to me, his eyebrows drawing together with confusion for a moment, "almost like it's sweeter. Though I have to admit it has always been weirdly-"

"Cynthius stop," Damien warned and I felt my lips tilt downwards with confusion.

"What? I was just-"

"And I said stop," Damien barked and I looked at him in surprise.

"What're you guys talking about?" I murmured as I impatiently tucked a stray strand of my hair behind my ear, gazing between Cynthius and Damien as I waited for them to answer my question. Cynthius briefly glanced at me but clenched his jaw and awkwardly turned his head away, confirming my suspicion that both of them were keeping something from me.

"It's nothing," Damien instantly interjected before Cynthius could respond.

"It's obviously not nothing," I softly replied with a frown, unconsciously reaching up to touch the now invisible scar on my neck. Damien's eyes followed my gesture and I bit down on my lip, dropping my hand to my side.