C33| Merry Christmas

Hey, hey, everyone!

I hope you like this chapter and if you do (or don't) let me know what you think!

A massive thank you to all you guys for continuing to vote, comment and read this novel. I'm really glad you're enjoying it so far and I hope that even when it's complete, you'll continue to support me when I publish.

Gif is of how I picture Damien Rivera (Zac Efron).

By the way everyone, we've got about 10 or so chapters left! Get excited for the ending!

Much love to all of you x

❉ s a r a h ❉

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C33

Unable to sleep at all that night, I decided to spend the night and the early morning, training –though most of the time was distractedly spent trying to fill the holes in my memory.

"You're still here?" I dropped my aim and lowered the gun in my hands at the faint sound of the melodic voice, taking my ear muffs off as I looked over at the woman standing by the door. Cynthia grinned over at me as I smiled, her dark eyes shining with excitement. "I'm shutting up the training room for the rest of the day, so you'll have to find something else to do," she added and a small, confused frown formed between my brow.

"What? Why?" I asked, blankly blinking at her when she raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Don't tell me you don't remember?" she gasped out in mock shock, though I could tell she knew I had no clue what she was talking about. Her grin widened and I watched in confusion as she pushed back on the half open door she'd been leaning against and then bent down to retrieve something from the opposite side of the wall.

Quickly and gracefully, she brought the little gift bag into the room with her before she lazily moved toward me. "It's Christmas, Juliet," with a large grin, she held the bag out and I raised an eyebrow, staring at it suspiciously while I safely tucked my gun into the holster around my waist.

"For me?" I asked uncertainly and she nodded, those kind eyes of her flashing with amusement.

"We don't have much of a budget as Hunters, so Orion and Cynthius chipped in. It really isn't much, so don't get too excited," she laughed softly as I carefully took the bag from her. With a slight smile, I reached inside and pulled out the large novel, my chest squeezing with delight as I inspected at the cover.

"This is one of my favourites!" I breathlessly exclaimed, glancing over at Cynthia who looked relieved. "How'd you know?"

Cynthia shrugged, her smile wavering for a brief moment before she answered. "I'm not sure if you remember, but the night you were brought here, you went to your apartment first to pack a bag. The guy who went with you noticed you seemed to have a love for books. After thinking about it now, I guess it makes sense because you used to be a librarian," a short burst laughter left her lips and she folded her arms across her chest with amusement.

"I don't remember so you'll have to thank the guy for me," I laughed along with her, gazing down at the dark cover as my fingers unconsciously glide over the cold, sleek surface of the book. "I didn't get you guys anything..." I murmured, chewing down on my lip disappointedly before looking back up to Cynthia in time to see her shrug.