Chapter 9

Chapter Nine:

Dad starts the car but stops immediately.

"What is wrong?" I ask.

"Didn''t any of you remember to put the backpacks in the trunk?" Dad sounds angry for some reason.

"But I did put mine in.." I say out aloud.'

"Just do it fast Marissa." Daddy snaps at me.

"Gee, Okay. I may have forgotten. I'll put them in." I say and open the door.

There are two bags on the ground. One of which is Andy's and judging by the colour pink of the other bag, sure enough that it isn't mine, I think it is Jessie's bag. Way to go both of you.

They are just so busy putting their tongues down each others throats that they forgot to keep their bags too.

I pick them up and open the trunk. To my surprise I find Andrew with his eyes closed and his headphones on. What the heck?!

"Andrew!" I whisper shout.

"Oh. We reached already?" He asks.

"What the hell are you doing?" I bend down so that daddy can't spot me from the rear view mirror.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I just wanted to be with you Marissa. I thought about what all you said about me missing school and having better things to do than find your mother. But, I want to find your mother and you know what, forget school. They are doing preparations for some function all this month so I can skip if I want." he explains.

He wants to be with me? I don't know how I feel about that.

"Did you remove these bags?" I ask him.

"Yes." He bites his lip.

"I obviously can't pull you out so I guess you'll just have to adjust with these bags."

HONK! HONK!

"What is taking you so long?!" Dad yells.

"What is up with him?" Andrew asks.

"I don't really know..."

"Okay lift up your head." I tell him and he listens.

"I'll take this one with me. Or else the trunk won't close..." I say and pull the trunk door down but Andrew stops me.

"Put the last one on top of me." He says.

"Are you crazy?! It is a six hour journey. I am not doing that!" I argue.

"Chill. I am a guy. I'll manage." He argues back.

"No." I am not budging for that.

"Okay put the other one on my side then." He finally says and turns onto his side.

I do as I am told and sit back in the car.

"What the hell were you doing there?" Andy asks.

"The bags were heavy. Thank you for helping me so much."

"Okay. Let's leave now." Dad says and starts the car.

I once again put my earphones in.

* * * * * *

It has been almost two hours now since we left for uncle Eddies house and now I am really bored and tired. The ride would have been more fun if Andrew wasn't in the truck but next to me. Mikey went to sleep I don't know when and the couple have been just flirting around with each other giving no care about the outside world.