Chapter 3

Chapter Three:

It was 3:00am and I was still up. It's now Wednesday and I still haven't found out yet. I can't sleep until I know! Andy eventually fell on the floor, so I slowly and quietly slid to the floor and sat beside him. Over the years I realized that he talks in his sleep.

'It's the only way I can get the truth out of him.' I thought to myself. So I moved his face in my direction and sat cross legged on the floor.

"Andy..andyyyy" I say quietly.

"Hmm"

"Andy boo, talk to me."

"Hm, yeah. What?" he says after a minute.

Ok test question. Hmm...oh I got it.

I've been wanting to ask this question ever since I met that annoying doughnut girl. "Did you get a call from that doughnut chick?"

I see him smile. "Yes"

My blood boils from anger. I knew it! "What did y'all talk about?"

"She wanted to meet me at the park" he rolls over with his face facing away from me.

I climb over him so I can see his face. "So that's why you left yesterday? To see her?"

He nods and covers his face with a pillow. I move the pillow. "You know I hate being in the house alone!" I whisper scream.

He doesn't say a word. Maybe I was right. He didn't wanna be in the same house with me.

"Do you...you know..like her?"

He rolls over. "Yeah I like Jessie"

Her name's Jessie? I use to like that name until today. So he likes her. That's just great, but it's cool. I knew we were never gonna be together. Andy yawns and stretches then he blinks his eyes. Ohhh crap! I never asked my question.

"Why are you staring at me?And.... why are you down here with me?" he asks sitting up.

Uhh...what am I suppose to tell him?! think Marissa!

"Umm...I honestly don't know" I stand up and go check the time.

4:25. I've been sitting down there for a hour or so and still didn't get my dang answer! I lay back down. I close my eyes and try sleeping.

------------------

I'm feeling awesome today! I can now go to football practice! Andy went to work today. He hasn't been to work since I got sick. How awesome is he? I finish up my school work and decide to take a shower. When I'm done I call Andy. He gets off at 6:45pm which is the time football ends.

"Can you pick me up when you get off?"

"Ohh um I can't. Sorry"

"Why not Andy? you always pick me up"

"You remember Jessie?"

"The doughnut girl?"

"Yes. Her name is Jessie. I have to drop her off and then we're having movie night at her place, but I'll be back at your place by 10."

He totally forgot about our movie might. Every Wednesday we have movie night.

"Are you still there?" Andy asks.

I hang up in his face. Forget him and his stupid new girlfriend. I move my hair out of my face and scroll through my contacts. My finger stops on a name that I really don't wanna call but football is my life so I click call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mike.."

"Oh hey shorty!"

He's usually the one who calls or texts first.