Chapter 2

Chapter Two:

Even after having that stupid drink my mom gave me I feel like puking again. Andy has gone to the bathroom now. Right after I asked him a question which had been irritating me for a long time, all he said was 'that's a good question.'

I don't know how to react to that. I don't want college tearing us apart. I know I sound like a girlfriend-madly-in-love-with-her-boyfriend but still I'm his best friend. Shouldn't we find a way to keep in touch?

'What if he doesn't want that? What if he is happy he is going to college and getting rid of you?' that stupid voice asks.

Is my subconscious right? Does he WANT to get rid of me? Well, if that's what he wants I'll kick his ass.

"You look like you are having a mental discussion about something really important." He interrupts my thoughts.

"No, I just feel sick again."

"Aw, you poor baby!" he says in a annoyingly cute baby voice.

I roll my eyes. "Oh shut up".

He removes his tongue out, teasing. 

"Grow up." I say still thinking about all the stuff.

His college will start in less than four weeks. Four weeks! I'll be losing him in FOUR weeks. It's already Tuesday. I'm wasting precious time. If I didn't know now, I was gonna freak out. He is sitting on the other couch staring at the TV. He is acting like I am a contagious disease.

"Andy" I speak in a whisper.

Could he tell I was scared to ask? I hope he didn't notice. Andy forces his eyes away from the tv and looks my way.

"What?"

"Umm..so did you think about my question?"

He raises his eyebrows in confusion.

"You know the question--" And this is the time his phone decided to ring. Damn.

He hold up his finger telling me to wait. Ugh! I cover my eyes. My phone vibrates. It's mike. He's one of the football players in school.  I've been getting texts from him ever since I got sick.

'What does he want?' my subconscious mind asks.

Mike:Hey shorty ;)

Me:Hi Mikey

Mike:Feeling better?

Me:Umm....not really

Mike:Oh so you won't be coming to practice today.

Me:Probably not

Mike:We miss you shorty!

Me: Aww, I miss you too.

Mike:Will you be coming to school tomorrow?

Me:Maybe, idk.

Mike:Oh okay :(

Me:I'll uh..text you later. Bye Mike

Mike: Bye shorty.

When he said we missed you he meant I miss you. He's had a crush on me since the 9th grade. I didn't wanna break his heart so I never told him that don't like him I just..kept quiet.

I put my phone down to see Andy no where in sight. Where'd he go?

"Andy! I wasn't done talking to you!" I yell.