Ch. 27 - Honesty is Best Policy

I got bored so here, you better friggen enjoy you precious little beans

Dawn light crept into the parted curtains of the window, shining a dull yet not quite energetic a feeling accompanied with the full light of the sun.

You stared up at the ceiling. You had just woken up in the bed, the stale scent- your stale scent permeating your nose.

"Why does this have to be so familiar? I know, its something I used to know but still."

You sat up slowly and looked back to the wooden slab that covered the broken part of the window.

Sliding out of the sheets and walking hazily to the widow, you ran your fingers gingerly over the cracks.

Something from somewhere in the house made a loud bang, causing you to jump and accidentally cut your finger a bit.

Flinching in pain, you clutched it but as you did, a new memory played in your mind, like a movie.

SMASH

There was a rock laying on the floor, surrounded by broken shards of glass. E/c eyes looked at the window to see a jagged broken hole.

You approached curiously. You looked down and saw-

"AARRH" you grabbed your forehead in pain as a pounding headache ravished you, the memory being cut off sharply at that point.

It was almost like there was a specific thing you were being prevented from remembering.

"Y/n, are you ok?" Midnight called in concern.

"Yep! Just fine, I'll be out soon." You replied, the headache beginning to fade.

.

.

"I broke it."

"What? Again?" Midnight drawled curiously.

"You must be giving me some weak ass wood." You muttered.

You grinned deviously and suddenly brought out a thick metal pole.

"Try this." She smiled.

"M-Metal? No, I'm not strong enough to hit that, my fists with break before it does!" You cried in dismay.

"Y/n, you literally just broke 5 lignum vitae poles, I think you can handle metal." She smirked.

With a sigh and hesitant look you got in your stance and hit the metal. You had expected a crunch as your skeleton shattered but were surprised when the metal dented instead.

"Weak ass metal..." you mumbled.

After a few more hits the metal had dented so much that if you tried to hit it again it would cut your skin from being bent into a sharp position.

Midnight began to fangirl over you again.

"That my Y/n! You still have that fire I saw in you the day we met! Such a natural born predator!" She squealed.

You panted a bit and wiped the sweat from your face.

"At this rate you'll be able to be a hero in no time!" She laughed, "And sense you want to be an underground hero it'll be even quicker!"

You smiled to yourself.

.

.

"Still no reply."

You sighed and placed your phone down. You had tried to start up a few friendly chats in the text with Katsuki but so far you hadn't gotten any sign he had so much as considered replying.

By this time, you were back at your own house. It still seemed awfully lonely.

Then your phone buzzed.

Your eyes flashed in wonder at the name.

"Hello?" You answered.

"Hey T/n, sorry I couldn't meet in person but I'm a bit busy, I just wanted someone to talk to." Izuku nervously laughed from the other end.

"Oh, it's no problem, I'm not busy at the moment so I'm more than happy to talk to you." You laughed lightly.

"Ok.... T/n?"

You hummed in response, flipping your pancake swiftly in the pan.

"Have you.... well you see I.... there was this thing that was...."

You laughed, "Just say what you mean, I promise to give an honest and straight answer."

You heard him sigh from the other side a bit, "T/n, what are you planning to do with that box of weapons and poisons."

There was a loud clank as your spatula hit the counter. Your eyes darkening. As you hunched over said counter, hands on it.

"Oh nothing really... it's more of a reassurance...." you lied swiftly.

"I cant keep my promise to be honest."