Ch. 4 - Deku the Hero

"Oh Midoriya, I didn't expect you to stop by so soon! Not that I'm not glad."

"Yea, sorry I was just kind of curious, and just Izuku is fine." He said.

"Curious about what?"

He shuffled a bit and you changed the subject.

"And first name? Are you sure?"

"Oh, yea, it doesn't really bother me because you..."

Your expression softened a bit, "Because I look like someone you used to know? It was pretty obvious from your reaction the other day that whoever I reminded you of has passed."

He nodded sadly.

"So," you got more cheerful, "what would you like?"

"Oh uh," he glanced at the menu before returning his green gaze to you, "I guess I'll have dango"

You quickly scribbled down what he wanted before returning your smile to him.

"Ok, I'll get that for you!"

With a slight bow, you skipped off towards the kitchen and prepped the dango. Rolling, cooking, skewering, and adding the sauce.

"Y/n!"

You turned around, having already known she was approaching by the sound of her tapping feet.

Akasuki was there, standing slightly behind her was another girl. She had short orange hair with matching eyes.

"This is Burne, she will be working with you as of today!" Akasuki said happily.

You smiled and offered a polite bow to the new girl.

"It'll be a pleasure to work with you." You said courteously.

She smirked at you, "Likewise."

You picked up your tray and nodded your head towards the door.

"Well, I gotta get this out, I'll talk to you later though."

With that, you shuffled out of the door and over to your new friend.

"Here you go, sorry for the wait" you apologized.

"No No, it's fine, anyway, I wanted to ask, why do you work here?"

The question seemed a bit odd to you but you answered anyway.

"Well, I only just arrived here a short while ago and this was the first job I applied to, I was hired on the spot so why not!" You laughed.

"Oh," he said looking down a bit, "Did you ever consider being a hero at all?"

You blinked, "A hero. Well I do have a pretty powerful quirk now that I realize but I dont know how I would actually do trying to save people, why?"

"No reason."

Then it clicked, "Oh shit are you a hero?!"

He looked startled and you immediately apologized for cursing.

"I mean, your not wrong, my hero name is Deku, I'm a hit surprised you haven't heard of me, usually I have a lot of fans asking for autographs and pictures."

You shrugged, "Well I'd rather be your friend then your fan, so lucky me?"

You heard your name called and gave Izuku a wave.

"I'll see you later, bye!"

He replied with a small "Goodbye" as you turned and walked off towards the kitchen, getting ready to serve more customers.