Ch. 11 - An Attempt

You began walking out of the lobby, ignoring the stares from he two receptionists that sat behind a desk.

"Excuse me!"

Before you could turn, a hand was placed on your shoulder and the voice spike up again.

"Sorry to bother you, but I got a little lost, do you know where I can find-"

You jerked away instantly and looked bewildered at a bright blonde that had been the source of the voice.

"Fa-Familiar!?"

Your head began to spin as a few images flashed in your mind. It made no sense and so you abruptly ran out of the building and hailed a cab, ordering them to get you home quick.

The movement of the car worsened your headache and a strange tingling formed in your fingertips.

It encased your mind and you practically threw the money at the poor driver and clumsily made your way into your home.

Once inside you clutched at your head.

"These stupid pictures and feelings have no use to me! If I get my memories back maybe they'll stop... I need to find a way to kill that man!"

.

.

The next day arrived quickly, you slid on your uniform for work and headed out the door.

"I wonder if he'll visit today.."

Your shifts began normally. Burne being a bitch, customers being mostly kind and tipping, and most importantly, it still had the soothing and calm atmosphere of a quiet little cafe.

Then, he entered. Katsuki Bakugou. You were going to greet him but Burne beat you to it.

You puffed out your cheeks in annoyance but continued serving other customers as she flirted with him.

In your mind, you were telling yourself this was fine and there was no reason to throw a fit, but with each passing minute as Burne got more and more handsy with him, you found yourself clenching your teeth.

"This is so unfair! Maybe now that our relationship got a bit more complicated he doesn't want me to even serve him now! I royally fucked this up, didnt I?"

You had finished washing off the dish you had used and dried your hands when Burne stomped into the room.

"He wants you! I dont know why. It was so obvious that he thinks I'm more pretty than you, probably just feels bad!" She hissed.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." You grumbled in reply.

"What! Say that again!" She snapped.

You just stuck your tongue out at her and pulled your bottom eyelid down a bit and went to see what Bakugou wanted.

"I heard that you wanted me?" You asked, suddenly feeling a bit anxious.

"No shit, that other chick was annoying as fuck." He said.

You laughed slightly and took out your notepad and pen.

"So what do you want?"

After getting his order you, of course, went back to the kitchen and prepped it. It was one of the simple treats so it didnt required the time of your busy chef's.

You hesitated a bit before taking out a packet you got from the other day. It had come in a package that contained various items for killing people, signed off by that same mystery person that you presume left the note when you woke for the first time.

"Flavorless and odorless. I hope it works."

You didnt hesitate in pouring it on the treat. The white of it blending with the powdered sugar perfectly.

You swallowed thickly in a nervous anticipation and grabbed the plate, going out the door quickly.