When I walk in the kitchen, Liam is kneeling in front of Bennett.

"What did I tell you about waking up Mommy? She works very hard to take care of us, kiddo. She needs her sleep."

"Good morning," I say, loud enough to make everyone look at me.

"I'm sorry," Liam looks apologetic. "I know how tired you are."

"You know I don't like sleeping anyways," I shrug. Bennett runs off to play with his brother and Liam gives me a kiss on the cheek. He looks stressed out, so I give him a gentle smile and turn towards William, who still has on his coat and shoes.

"You can take your coat off," I tell him. "I'll hang it up for you."

"Oh, thank you," he sheds his coat. "I don't mind hanging it up."

"Oh no, it's alright," I give him a warm smile and take it from his outstretched hand. I walk into the living room and hang it up at the rack behind the front door, and then walk back to the kitchen where Liam is digging through the pantry.

"Need help?" I ask.

"I can't find the coffee filters. I've been looking for them for twenty minutes." He says.

I can practically feel his stress.

I reach out, move the olive oil to the side, and grab the stack of coffee filters.

"I swear I looked there." He says as he takes them from my hand.

We're close enough to be seen by everyone in the kitchen but not heard.

I put my hand on his arm.

"You're okay, alright. You're doing great," I say softly.

He kisses my forehead and mutters, "I guess. Thank for the filters." And then goes back to the coffee pot.

As the coffee brews, he starts making the eggs while the bacon sits wrapped in aluminum foil.

As the coffee finishes, Liam pours four cups and accidentally spills some on the counter. He wipes it up with a rag and throws it in the sink, and he seems so nervous, I just want to go give him a hug.

"Dad, how do you take your coffee?"

"I can make it," William starts to get up.

"No, it's okay." Liam shakes his head.

"Well-"

"Daddy, I can't find my Woody!" Theo interrupts, tugging at Liam's shirt.

Liam looks even more stressed.

"Okay Theo, just give me a minute." Liam says.

"I'll help you find it," I volunteer.

Theo walks away from Liam and William finishes telling Liam how he likes his coffee, and I find the toy under the couch and hand it to Theo.

By the time I get back to the kitchen, Liam knocks over the entire container of sugar all over the counter just as he reaches for the milk juice, which spills al over the sugar pile.

I press the back of my hand to my mouth and watch as he braces himself against the counter and every vein in both of his arms are popping out and I know he's literally about to lose it.

William looks between me and Liam, who may actually start screaming any moment.

I get a handheld broom and a small dust pan from the cleaning closet and walk over to Liam.

I remove my wedding and engagement rings and set them on the edge of the sink, and then I help Liam clean up the sugary milk.

When the counter is spotless and not sticky, Liam washes the nastiness off his hands.