Chapter Thirteen

Okay but AS I WRITE THIS I'M WAITING FOR MIDNIGHT BECAUSE THE JONAS BROTHERS ARE BACK AND THE PREMIERE OF SUCKER IS COMING AND I'M GOING TO SEE IT THE SECOND IT COMES ON YOUTUBE I AM SO EXCITED THIS IS MY CHILDHOOD AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY EVEN THOUGH I LEFT MY CHILDHOD HOME MY CHILDHOD HAS BEEN HANDED BACK TO ME SO YES THIS IS SO EXCITING

Also I wrote that when I first started this chapter and now that I'm working on it again I thought I should add that I'm going to the first concert of their tour and the album comes out Friday and I'm so fricken excited

Okay so basically for a little recap, Savannah and Liam have three kids, Theo, Bennett, and Eloise. Liam's Dad came with proof that he didn't abandon him as a child and Liam still hasn't approached the situation. Savannah was mad at her Mom because she gave Liam's Mom their address, Lindsay (Liam's little sister) is living with Savannah and Liam, and Savannah and her Mom just had a heart to heart and made up after her Mom gave out their address, and now they planned a girls weekend

________

Chapter Thirteen

The sound of Isabelle loudly comping on her gum forces me to raise my eyes from my charts and look at her.

"That's pretty loud, you know." I say to my coworker and friend.

"Sorry," she says, closing her mouth. "It's just that chewing gum helps me stay awake."

"You work the night shift all the time. Why are you so tired?"

"Ever since Owen and I got divorced, I've just been so bored all the time."

I not slowly, "so you've been struggling to sleep for a year and a half?" I ask her.

"Well...yes, but not because I don't like being alone. I mean, I would rather be with somebody, but being alone isn't the end of the world for me, it's alright, you know?"

"Yeah," I reply. "So if it's not about being alone, what is it about?"

Her eyes flutter around the nurses station and she rolls her chair closer to me.

"It's about sex." She whispers.

My eyebrows raise, "oh?"

"I mean, I just want sex. Like, a lot. When you go from having it when you want to not at all..." she trails off.

"But it's been a year and a half," I say.

"You've been divorced for a year and a half but you haven't had sex yet?" one of our coworkers, Alice interjects.

Isabelle and I both look at her, and then Isabelle looks at me and back at Alice.

"I've had sex," she says. "But it was really bad sex. I want a boyfriend. I want consistent sex."

I fight the urge to laugh and Alice shakes her head with a smile.

"So, you know, if either of you have any cute single guy friends who you're willing to set me up with..." Isabelle trails off and looks between the two of us hopefully.

"All of my friends are married," I tell her.

"All of my friends are lesbians," Alice says.

Isabelle groans and spins in her chair, looking at me.

"Does Liam have any friends?"

"We have the same friends," I reply.

"But he doesn't have any work friends?"

"I mean, yeah, but they're married or in relationships. There is this one guy, Mateo, but he's extremely creepy and I think Liam's only friends with him because he feels bad for him."

"Well I'm extremely tired of being the only person in the group who never leaves the house." Isabelle says.

I stare at her.

"I have three kids. I don't really go out-"

"That's not true, you do go out, but you go out with your kids." She says. "Which is better than not going out at all."

I nod slowly.

"I mean, you're not wrong," I reply. "Listen, my mom is trying to do a get together thing on Saturday and she wanted it to be just us girls and then my brother heard about it from his wife and realized he wanted to go and he didn't want to go alone so he asked Liam and, well I could list how it all happened but it would take forever. Long story short, now we're doing a huge get together at the park so if you really want to go out, you guys are more than welcome to join."

"I have plans, but thanks," Alice says.

"I'll be there." Isabelle says. "Since all you talk about is your family, it would be nice to actually meet some of them."

_________

Friday night our family sits around the living room with Liam in the back yard with the guys working the grill. The kids are playing, Eloise is in her walker, and I'm listening to Sofie talk about how her and Mason are doing much better and how they're trying to have kids.

I'm happy for them and I smile as I think about how happy they're going to be with kids. They're such a blessing.

"So, this is awkward, but on a scale of one to murder, how much does Liam hate Aiden?" my Mom blurts suddenly when Sofie pauses to take a sip of her vitamin water.

"Aiden?" I repeat. "Aiden Hendricks? Childhood friend? The one who caused my kidnapping? Like, I know it probably would have happened anyways, but it could have been prevented if it wasn't for him. That Aiden? Our ex neighbor?"

"Yeah." She says.

I hesitate and I can feel that this conversation isn't just casual. No, she's up to something.

"Uh, well I don't know if he exactly hates Aiden, but they're not besties."

"That's great because they're flying into town tonight and staying at our house." Mom says casually. "And they'll be there tomorrow at the park and I just wanted you to know that way Liam isn't too surprised to see him. Whoops, gotta pee." She laughs casually and stands up, walking down the hall to the bathroom, leaving me sitting there with my mouth half open. Sofie and Aria look at me, waiting for some type of reaction.

I hear the sliding glass door and then the guys come filing inside with dinner and the kids that were out there with them.

"It's dinner time ladies," Liam says with a smile.

Okay Savannah, remain calm.

The last time I saw Aiden, he was with Aubrey who was using him because she was jealous of me getting Liam. I was pregnant with Theo and Liam and I weren't even married yet.

Now I'm married, advanced into my career with a nice house, a Subaru, and three kids.

It's been years, Savannah. Liam doesn't hate Aiden anymore.

Right?

_________

Hey guys so I'm not dead, I honestly have no idea what I've been doing lately but my entire life feels...wrong, I guess? Everything feels out of place but I feel like forcing myself to work on the story is the first step to getting myself back, so here's a chapter and if the next one takes forever, I'm so sorry!

~Sam

P.S. I started crying because it's been so long and I'm slowly starting to feel like myself again

P.S.S  also after we moved into our current home I got a kitten so that's new