Chapter Seventeen - Hellfire

Lucresia •

     "Qui affecto protego, mixtisque iubas serpentibus et posteris meis stirpiqu. Qui affecto protego, mixtisque iubas serpentibus et posteris meis stirpiqu." We chanted as the wind howled and our door rattled. My dad told me to concentrate but I couldn't do that. I could not concentrate when Nick was satan knows where.

     "Focus Lucresia..." My mother muttered as I closed my eyes and continued chanting. "How much longer!?" My sister asked. She had her face stained with tears and was sitting on the stairs with her face in her hands. Poor Ken.

     "Not much Kennedy." I reassured her but I really didn't even know how much longer we had to endure this and keep chanting. I was growing anxious.

     Suddenly I got an urge to leave my house and go into the woods. And that is exactly what I did. I let go of my mom and dad's hands. My mom looked at me with a confused expression as I closed my eyes and teleported myself where ever it was that this force wanted me to teleport.

     I opened my eyes and found myself in the middle of the woods, and a little ahead of me stood Sabrina. What?

     She hovered over a stone-made table that held a book...The Book of the Beast. I watched as she signed and turned around, talking to the older lady that was with her. What is going on? They walked away deeper into the woods and I followed behind them.

     They stopped in front of the famous Greendale Hanging Tree and the lady was saying something but I couldn't quite hear. I got closer to the scene to hear what was going on.

     "It's rage. It's the desire to change the world and the will to do it. Command the Greendale Thirteen." The lady stated as I gasped. Is she crazy? They were going to kill Sabrina! Sabrina took a deep breath and shifted her position putting up her hands. Oh Satan.

     "I order the Greendale Thirteen to stop! Go in peace or face my wrath." Sabrina shouted as thunder struck and the 13 spirits of the deceased witches appeared in front of Sabrina. My heart pounded thanks to the scene in front of me. Where is Sabrina getting at? I stepped a little bit closer to see.

      "Who are you to order us? We felt the wrath of Greendale once child. We won't be hung again." One of the witches responded as a shiver went down my spine. I can only imagine the pain those witches felt.

     "No, not hung... Burned." Sabrina responded as my eyes widened, how will she burn them? The only thing that can burn spirits is hellfire and I am sure as hell that Sabrina can't summon hellfire.

     "Burn us, half witch? We are not of this earth. No earthly fire can burn us." The witch spirit taunted Sabrina as I stepped a little closer trying to listen better.

     "No, not earthly fire. Hellfire." Sabrina stated as I frowned. Okay so she definitely had a death wish.

     "None but the most powerful can summon it: Devils. And in the history of witches only three." The spirit informed Sabrina. Sarah Good could summon hellfire.

     "Well it's about to be fo-" Sabrina's little sentence was caught off from one of the other spirits. She pointed at something; she pointed at me. My heart raced. I don't want to die.

     "It's Sarah Good!" She exclaimed as everyone turned to look at me by the other trees. Sabrina's eyes widened and the lady that was with her glared at me intently. I gathered my courage and walked towards the scary scene.

     "It is not Sarah Good. It is Lucresia Good... Direct descendant from the witch that was first trialed; from the witch that died for you! And I order you to stop this madness." The words came out of my mouth but I am sure that it wasn't me talking. I would never have this much courage to stand up to a witches' spirit but yet here I am.