Chapter Twenty Six - Lupercalia

Lucresia •

"I am so happy you decided to partake in Lupercalia... You'll forget Nick in an instant." Vera gushed as I smiled awkwardly and nodded. Yesterday night I decided to take part in Lupercalia with Asher because I heard that Nick was going with Sabrina.

I really thought Nick meant that kiss yesterday but guess not; If he doesn't care about my opinion... Why should I care about his? My heart is still sore from the past week but I guess I just have to forget.

"Yeah... I'm nervous. Never done anything like this before." I said but pulled my lips together as I saw Asher approaching. Can't let him know I'm  inexperienced.

"I heard you Lucresia... Don't worry I'll take good care of you." Asher winked and stood next to me. I blushed a deep red and looked away embarrassed while earning a laugh from Vera.

"Welcome, one and all, to Lupercalia, the Festival of the Wolves. Brother Ambrose." My attention was captured by the High Priest welcoming us to Lupercalia. Oh god, why am I so nervous. I looked around watching everyone and saw Nick standing by the back, staring straight at me. I frowned and darted my eyes back to Father Blackwood.

"All right, fellas, take your places for the Matching!" Ambrose exclaimed as Asher smirked at me and left my side, sitting down on one the seats that were put in a circle in the middle. I saw Nick sitting down next to Asher and smiling at me weirdly. What is he getting at?

"All right, ladies, you know how this goes. When the music stops, take a seat on the warlock closest to you." Ambrose explained as I nodded and walked towards where Asher was sitting, grabbing the fabric hanging from the ceiling that was behind Asher. This is pretty weird.

The music started and I moved with it, circling the boys and changing places with the other girls. I passed Vera a few times and she was sensually dancing around. Suddenly there was a long note in the music and then it stopped abruptly. I looked around and saw Asher smiling excitedly. I fast walked toward him and sat down on his lap. Everyone got paired up quickly and my heart dropped when I saw Sabrina and Nick together but I looked away rapidly.

He's not my problem anymore.

-

"Witches. Warlocks." Ambrose called loudly to get our attention. We were currently standing in the woods behind the Academy waiting for the first event of Lupercalia to start. I am incredibly nervous to spend Lupercalia with Asher but I almost feel comfortable around him too, it's weird. I stood next to Sabrina who stood next to Nick. I tried ignoring them as best as I could and not even looking at Nick, that way my heart wouldn't hurt.

"Congratulations, you have been matched. Tonight, you and your paramour shall go into the woods and re-enact the Courting. What that means is that each couple shall go into the woods and disrobe and anoint themselves and lie under this blessed Lupercalian moon, absorbing the potency of the Goddess Selene Herself. Abstinence is encouraged..."  Ambrose trailed off, everyone around booing his words. Asher looked at me and smiled warmly, I reciprocated the smile.

"In anticipation of the powerful release that concludes Lupercalia. However, should couples be moved to unite, well, I'm sure the Dark Lord would not oppose." Ambrose continued as people started cheering all around us. These witches are so lust- filled.

Prudence started handing each couple their baskets, stopping right in front me and eyeing me up and down.

"Huh... Who would've thought you wouldn't spend Lupercalia attached to Nick's hip." She said and handed the basket who Asher who shifted his weight uncomfortably. I rolled my eyes at her and decided to not say anything so I don't make it worse. Prudence continued on handing the baskets and stopped in front of Sabrina.