Chapter One - Greendale

Lucresia

"Wake up sister!" My eyes fluttered open as I regained consciousness and looked around. My family of 4 and I were on the car on the way to the town of Greendale, driving all the way from Salem Massachusetts.

"What is it?" I grunted and took out my headphones from my ears looking at my blonde sister Kennedy. I looked out the window and I realized we were already cruising through a rather picturesque little town.

"We're almost home!" My mother chimed in. I looked at her through the rearview mirror and smiled. My sister was more than excited about the move to Greendale since she loved meeting new people and making new friends.

Me? Well I wasn't so happy about the move.There is just something uneasy about this town and I felt it ever since my dad told me I was going to the Academy of Unseen Arts here. Like something burning inside me. My whole family has gone there since my whole family is formed by pure witches, my ancestor being one of the first known witches, Sarah Good.

All pure witches up until my adopted sister Ken. She was adopted when she was just a baby. My mom says she was a gift from the devil and I believe so... Ken is a year older than me but we are best-friends and honestly she is my rock.

"We're here!" My dad exclaimed as we pulled in to a beautiful Victorian home in a neighborhood with a lot of beautiful big houses. I smiled as my sister shrieked in excitement and quite literally jumped out of the car. As I stepped out of the car the cold Greendale air hit my skin. This is definitely home to a lot of witches.

"Come on Luce. Everything's already been settled." My mom said as I noticed that everyone was already inside the huge house. I went up the porch and entered the house and noticed how everything was just as it was in Salem, definitely a warlock's doing.

"Nice dad, you even got that hole in the wall right." I chuckled as my dad smirked at me and winked.

"Well girls everything's exactly as it was back home so I think you can find your way around. Go on to your rooms, your father and I will get dinner started." My mom said as I nodded and followed Ken up the stairs that I already knew.

"I'll get changed and come over to your room, k?" My sister said as she opened the door to her room and closed it without me even answering.

I smiled and opened the door to my room and everything was the same. My familiar was waiting for me on my bed.

"Hey Sommer!" I exclaimed walking up to my bed and literally throwing myself in it.

Careful, you almost smashed me there. My bunny familiar said as she hopped away from me. Smiling, I took her in my hands and gave her a soft kiss.

"I'm sorry Sommer." I chuckled as she bounced out of my touch and onto the floor.

Okay weirdo. My familiar said as the door opened and in came my tall and blonde sister in her pajamas. My familiar hopped over to her bed and rested there.

"Okay so I'm just going to say it. I am so ready for tomorrow I mean it's the start of a new chapter!" My sister exclaimed as she plopped herself over in the bean bag that was in the corner of the room.

"Maybe for YOU. I've been home taught all my life I mean I have never attended a magic school." I said looking for some pj's in my closet, grabbing the first pair I saw. I was stepping into my bathroom as my sister answered.

"I've never been to magic school either you know." My sister laughed as I rolled my eyes and got dressed.

"It's normal just be yourself, you'll be fine." My sister rambled on. I made my way out of the bathroom rolling my eyes.